Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-27-2020, 07:43 AM

Bumping this back up so ya'll stay on the wagon
Old 01-27-2020, 08:02 AM
Administrator

reporting in with semi-OT report: still on the gallon/day program with water.

feeling great, more energy, less lethargic, and less hungry for snacks. i'm peeing less now too, seems like my body now is utilizing the water better.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:17 AM

Still doing intermittent fasting. A mix of 16:8 and 18:6. I managed to do a 24 hr fast last Friday and I was surprised that it wasn't too hard.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:39 AM

Holding steady. Haven't managed to get a consistent riding plan going but doing better on diet.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:02 PM
Randomhead

I am stuck at 201 and I even worked my butt off on the trainer last week.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
1) what's your goal?

2) have you ever had a body fat comp?

3) do you know what you weighed at "peak fitness?"

4) how old are you?

I ask all these questions as a personal trainer. I have real interest in how people motivate themselves. There's been ample proof that "health" or "aesthetic" motivations are not sustainable long-term. But what DOES usually work is a social aspect, such as this thread.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:07 PM
Classics Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
Google diy coolsculpting

I might have to resort to this myself.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:12 PM

Packed my scale when moving and haven't found it yet. I did get in around 12,000 steps/day from Thurs-Sun and carried a metric crap ton of boxes and furniture moving out of a three-story townhome. Haven't had a home-cooked meal in a week, but I've mostly stayed on healthy habits - most importantly, no booze... Still have some moving and cleaning work to finish, and then I can get back to training. First gravel event is in early April and it's a doozy....better get my Ellis finished soon too

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2020, 02:19 PM

I have been slowly losing weight after dropping quite a bit within the first two weeks. It’s full on winter here and ride time is limited, so not a lot of exercise, but keeping track of what I am putting in my body has me on the right path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2020, 04:05 PM
Randomhead

1) what's your goal?
I would really like to get down under 170
2) have you ever had a body fat comp?
no
3) do you know what you weighed at "peak fitness?"
"peak fitness" as in ever? Probably 145. Last time I was in really good shape I was around 170, and that wasn't all that long ago. In the military, I had to weigh less than 165, so that was what I weighed.
4) how old are you?

I got down to 185 last year, or maybe closer to 180. Then I screwed up my knee and didn't ride much in the fall. I think sometime in November I still weighed less than 195

As far as aesthetics go, that ship has sailed. I'm mostly interested in getting my power/weight up and keeping my blood pressure low. My BP seems to be very strongly influenced by weight

Last edited by unterhausen; 01-27-2020 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-01-2020, 05:33 PM

Ok, one month in and the results are "decent." The number I'm more focused on is Lean Body Mass (LBM). As long as my weight is trending lower and LBM is staying the same (or even increasing a bit) I'm losing fat and sparing muscle. For February I need to log more food more consistently.

Workouts will consist of strength training 3x/week: compound moves only (deadlift, squat, bench, military press, rows, chins, dips). Cardio is HIIT on my Concept2 BikeErg.

Keep going guys!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2020-02-01 15.25.18.jpg (57.0 KB, 126 views)
Old 02-01-2020, 06:17 PM

After a week or two I lose maybe 2-3 pounds. 10 hours a week on rollers. No booze. Plant based. No dairy. No cookies, cakes.
Then flu. Never been so sick in my adult life. No exercise for two weeks. Zilch. Sitting/lying around. Tv. Did not even leave apartment. Too messed up even to read. Pizza for the first time in 2 years. Whip cream cake for the first time in eons (I fell apart...nutrition wise.) Hop on scale - I lost 4 pounds. What? I anticipated weight gain. I figure my body dumped a lot of water when I was ill since I was not sweating. But ... I am maintaining the loss even as I get back into training. Completely confusing.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:15 PM
commuter racer

I started out the year at a flabby 166, but now I seem to be 161... so Dry January and a few bike rides plus moderate meals seems to have been effective. I hope I can keep up this progress.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:51 AM

at this point I'm on a whole37, as I haven't begun re-introducing foods. -21ish pounds since January 2nd. Lifting three days a week, trying to ride as much as I can squeeze in, which isn't much. No alcohol. no added sugars. no grains. I'm happy so far.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oakterrace View Post
After a week or two I lose maybe 2-3 pounds. 10 hours a week on rollers. No booze. Plant based. No dairy. No cookies, cakes.
Then flu. Never been so sick in my adult life. No exercise for two weeks. Zilch. Sitting/lying around. Tv. Did not even leave apartment. Too messed up even to read. Pizza for the first time in 2 years. Whip cream cake for the first time in eons (I fell apart...nutrition wise.) Hop on scale - I lost 4 pounds. What? I anticipated weight gain. I figure my body dumped a lot of water when I was ill since I was not sweating. But ... I am maintaining the loss even as I get back into training. Completely confusing.
This is a common misconception, and why the scale is not the ultimate barometer of fitness. More than likely, you lost muscle mass, which is "denser" than fat, and will add lbs to the scale. Your body fat comp likely stayed the same, or, possibly, you gained fat.