Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-2020, 10:15 AM

another vote for Yeti 20 oz. i use it for everything, even cold drinks. And PDMT, where did you get that Pliny bike growler???
Old 02-18-2020, 03:08 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojingoh View Post
another vote for Yeti 20 oz. i use it for everything, even cold drinks. And PDMT, where did you get that Pliny bike growler???
It's easy to let myself go crazy on Russian Rover Brewing logo'd stuff but I managed to hold the line at a pair of Elder glasses (to drink Elder in of course) an Elder hat and of course a few Younger tee shirts and a Younger hat.

When they released the logo'd hydroflask I caved - bought it at the brewery. Perfect for drinking water all day long.
Old 02-18-2020, 03:10 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
the yeti regular coffee mug cap is engineering brilliance at it's finest. the slider closure part is held on with a strong magnet and pulls off to clean the whole thing. it's so brilliantly simple and easy, it really makes me smile.
I think Contigo needs to get a nod since it's inexpensive at Costco

But yes, the Yeti is brilliant and as mentioned, DISHWASHER approved both lid and vessel. That makes it really easy to clean well
Old 02-18-2020, 03:34 PM

As you alluded to at the start, lean into the pretentiousness. Embrace the power of the dark side - aeropress, pour over at desk, etc. Life is better for it.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_douglas View Post
That is your answer - Aeropress every time! Carrying decent coffee to work or making fresh, good coffee when there, in dry clothes, sitting at desk - this is an easy one to decide.

I tend to gather a crowd using my porlex hand grinder in the lunchroom too!
Old 02-19-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmadrecki View Post
As you alluded to at the start, lean into the pretentiousness. Embrace the power of the dark side - aeropress, pour over at desk, etc. Life is better for it.
My normal methods are aeropress or pour-over and I am nothing if not a coffee snob, so I dragged the electric kettle, porlex, aeropress and 1/4 lb of Yirgacheffe into work today. I had a fantastic cup at work, and I convinced three co-workers to at least try the dark side of the force. I think they’re converts. Our in-house safety guy gets back from a field job in a month, so he will probably shut the electric kettle thing down, but until then, cheers!

Thanks for all the advice, everyone!
Old 02-19-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
My normal methods are aeropress or pour-over and I am nothing if not a coffee snob, so I dragged the electric kettle, porlex, aeropress and 1/4 lb of Yirgacheffe into work today. I had a fantastic cup at work, and I convinced three co-workers to at least try the dark side of the force. I think they’re converts. Our in-house safety guy gets back from a field job in a month, so he will probably shut the electric kettle thing down, but until then, cheers!

Thanks for all the advice, everyone!

“Like button”
Old 02-19-2020, 10:09 PM
bourbon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
I tried this once and earned a reputation as a pretentious snob. Maybe I should just lean into it.
^this

"you can drink shi77y coffee if you want, but I don't"
Old 02-19-2020, 11:00 PM

Iced coffee
Old 02-19-2020, 11:42 PM
Boeuf Chane

Pretentious snobs.

If one of these + Safari coffee was good enough for so many American office drones, it ought to be good enough for you.

Last edited by Louis; 02-19-2020 at 11:46 PM.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Pretentious snobs.

If one of these + Safari coffee was good enough for so many American office drones, it ought to be good enough for you.

Like most North American kids, I grew up with the smell of putrid coffee that sat on a burner for 8hrs so I detested the smell of coffee when I was young.

My ex-girlfriend’s quebecois mom drank lattes and smoked all day and convinced me to try one of her two vices. I quickly realized good coffee was a wonderful thing and I’ve never looked back, both on my decision to ditch my girlfriend or my decision to adopt coffee as my most beloved vice.

That Bunn coffee maker brings back so many memories of childhood - even seeing the brand makes me laugh for some reason...
Old 02-20-2020, 04:17 AM

The Kleen Canteen coffee bidon I have has a top that...

*doesn't leak
*comes apart easily

Every Friday when I get home from work I take the top apart for a "better" cleaning...super easy to do...

SPP
Old 02-20-2020, 08:42 AM
what's a little rust?

Hand grinder + pour over while going through the morning’s email on my phone.

I get weird looks from engineers who are filling their cups with industrial swill. I don’t care. I drink less coffee, but it’s much better coffee.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
Hand grinder + pour over while going through the morning’s email on my phone.

I get weird looks from engineers who are filling their cups with industrial swill. I don’t care. I drink less coffee, but it’s much better coffee.
Per above, I'm on your team now. A single really good cup is probably better for my kidneys than the 4 hour caffeine drip of swill I'd be doing otherwise.

How are you heating your water?
Old 02-20-2020, 09:12 AM

Sidenote - since Contigo was mentioned....

If you have kids and use the Contigo kids bottles, please see that they just recalled 6M+ for choking hazard....

Now back to the thread which is making start looking at items I had no idea I needed