Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thwart View Post
The LEO has exaggerated and/or fabricated some of that info.
What information is fabricated?
Old 02-14-2020, 05:20 PM

All the race-baiters who repeatedly have chimed in are those who sit around with a written page of stuff about "what goes on in this country" and then dump it into a discussion of how some mis-behaving cyclists get aprehended(?).

It's totally laughable.

And who thinks that a cop who is disrespected by someone who looks exactly like them doesn't take it perhaps slightly personal when that person takes off in defiance of a legal order to stop? You kidding???

I grew up and learned some lessons as to what one can and can't get away with in situations like this, and believe me when I say that race didn't seem to be much of a factor.

This case also has nothing to do with shootings and the like, since the officer didn't even have to pull a weapon as he could pretty well see that these riders were most unlikely to be packing.
But people who flee are often the types with failure-to-appear warrants, weapons or contraband, which of course leads officers to be much stricter and more wary of them. Makes cops angry too (we're talking about humans after all).

Now imagine if the officer had looked exactly like the offender here. Who's betting that he would have treated this young rider any nicer than this cop did?

People and especially downtown business owners need police services and want to get the most for their tax dollar. Hiring and retaining good officers is not easy as the best applicants stay hired. People that expect perfection from the small number who actually have the balls to take police jobs are doing a disservice to their community as this ultimately only reduces the pool of candidates who are available to hire, who will put up with the hassles. All readily apparent in this thread from all of the posters who resorted to name-calling of the type selected from actually non-existing characters depicted on television.
Brainwash 101 for the win.

Last edited by dddd; 02-14-2020 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:26 PM

teacup here is some breath

The kids blew the sop light, the kids were looking down the road when the cop gestured to them so they didn't see him. . The cop stops the kids and he cuffs one of them with minimal force.

No one died, it's a good police interaction.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:36 PM

I just watched this video again and it disgusts me just like half the responses on this forum full of trolls who live in some alternate reality. Thank you to the legal team already involved in the case.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinslow View Post
I just watched this video again and it disgusts me just like half the responses on this forum full of trolls who live in some alternate reality. Thank you to the legal team already involved in the case.
Welcome to the forum. It would be wise to get to know some of the posters here before you start insulting them.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:20 PM

"All the race-baiters who repeatedly have chimed in are those who sit around with a written page of stuff about "what goes on in this country" and then dump it into a discussion of how some mis-behaving cyclists get aprehended....long strange rant and then this: Brainwash 101 for the win. "

man, classy with a K...really, perfect...pat yourself on the back for that one...

Last edited by cash05458; 02-14-2020 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdw View Post
Welcome to the forum. It would be wise to get to know some of the posters here before you start insulting them.
Oh please. Tell that to this young man who was arrested for nothing.

Honestly though, I know we all want something positive to come out of this. It just never comes across so great when it’s an emotionally charged topic. We probably need to just wait forum to play out.

Last edited by rollinslow; 02-14-2020 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Destroy this kids life with a felony that will follow him forever, so wrong.
Take his voting rights away for life, terrible! When i was his age it seems too that 95% of the cops would have just had a little talk and let us go. Heck I remember cops emptying out our beers in the parking lot and telling us to get out of here. What has happened to policing in this country?
Old 02-14-2020, 06:35 PM
ZhugeLiang

Hey pals, happy valentine's day!

Don't you have some place you need to be?

If not, that's ok, check this out:

https://youtu.be/cqjhCC4sP4Q
Old 02-14-2020, 06:46 PM
Boeuf Chane

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
Hey pals, happy valentine's day!

Don't you have some place you need to be?

If not, that's ok, check this out:

https://youtu.be/cqjhCC4sP4Q
Let the record show that when I clicked on Weisan's link the first thing that popped up was an ad for Mike Bloomberg. You can make of that what you will...
Old 02-14-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Let the record show that when I clicked on Weisan's link the first thing that popped up was an ad for Mike Bloomberg. You can make of that what you will...
I see the end of this tunnel thread approaching quite quickly then... But rather, if you go thru the ads...I think it is some comic...and I got a Bernie ad first, not a bloomie one...

Last edited by cash05458; 02-14-2020 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
Take his voting rights away for life, terrible! When i was his age it seems too that 95% of the cops would have just had a little talk and let us go. Heck I remember cops emptying out our beers in the parking lot and telling us to get out of here. What has happened to policing in this country?
LOL, right! I do remember how things were were I grew up in the Shenandoah Valley. The cop in Stanley was the short stout little fire plug that no one messed with. Sgt Sullivan in Timberville kept all the teens in line too, especially the hot rodders. And then my brother in law was the law in Broadway.

But I guess you can blame the change on society. There was a very respected school Principal in SLC recently that took a drunk teenager he found on school ground home. The Principal drove the kid's car and had another teacher follow to pick up the Principal. Good deed right? The Principal was fired for handling it himself. I'm sure a lot of cops these days are afraid to act like the ones we grew up around many years ago and for good reason.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post
LOL, right! I do remember how things were were I grew up in the Shenandoah Valley. The cop in Stanley was the short stout little fire plug that no one messed with. Sgt Sullivan in Timberville kept all the teens in line too, especially the hot rodders. And then my brother in law was the law in Broadway.

But I guess you can blame the change on society. There was a very respected school Principal in SLC recently that took a drunk teenager he found on school ground home. The Principal drove the kid's car and had another teacher follow to pick up the Principal. Good deed right? The Principal was fired for handling it himself. I'm sure a lot of cops these days are afraid to act like the ones we grew up around many years ago and for good reason.
oh sure...yeah the cops are afraid to act like the ones you had when you grew up...just a good smack right? too bad for that right? I can tell you stories about growing up in boston and the cops there...my wife was an orphan...boy did the cops love coming around there to pick up 13 year old chicks to give them booze for bj's in the squad car in the park...you think that is an exaggeration? you would be very very wrong and misguided...get friggin real man...nothing like the old days right? want to talk cops...? you got it...sure, america's finest...thank god they are learning some restraint given the old days...and you know what does that: people talking about abuse and what they do wrong and expecting more from folks who give them that power and pay their wages...

Last edited by cash05458; 02-14-2020 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:26 PM
Administrator

I think we've beaten this one to death.

we can always start a new thread if any new information comes to light, but i think it's best to take a break from this thread for a while.
Closed Thread