Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2017, 12:20 PM

Another vote for Voler. They have been my favorites... until I got my first pair of Rapha.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:50 PM

have Aerotech shorts, padded tights, and fleece bibs.

all are excellent.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:44 PM
なんでやねん

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
Garneau - on sale too - if not i think i have a 30 % off coupon i can sent to you

https://garneau.com/us/en/fit-sensor...r/black-020-60
Not exactly the same model but our club kit is upper-mid-range Garneau and those are my favourite bibs by a fair margin. I like them better than my Rapha. Quite a lot better actually.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:01 PM
needs adult supervision

File under 'We're all different'...I found the Voler Black Label bibs to be almost unrideable. The pad feels like it's made of cardboard. Just one butt's opinion.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:31 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
These were my go to shorts (I had four pairs) and were in rotation with five other pairs. I'm down to two pairs and I need to start the search for new
Trundle on down to a Performance store and see what's up with them(?)..worked in the past, you like 'em...

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...ce:&pageSize:&
Old 12-09-2017, 08:03 AM

I've been very satisfied with Giordana
Silverline bibs. Inexpensive and last multiple seasons.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:37 AM

Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Moon View Post
Friday Thread 1: I just found a rip in my third pair of Performance bibshorts in the last three months. These were my go to shorts (I had four pairs) and were in rotation with five other pairs. I'm down to two pairs and I need to start the search for new. What's the latest line on good, middle of the road bibs? I'd like to pay under $100 (street price) if possible. I'm not a fan of stupidly complex or thick chamois and I need really long legs. I'm 6'4" and tired of looking like I'm wearing Daisy Dukes.
Manufacturers make a lot of stupid design decisions to separate their products from the pack and skimp on quality in order to add bells and whistles. I want none of that. I just want good, durable, workmanlike bibs.
I like Voler bibs too and have Performance bibs from a few years ago that are holding up well. I buy on sale for name brands and got some Panache Cyclewear kit last year and just love the bibs. Panache is way too high but just right on sale. I think Extendo makes their stuff but don't quote me on that. I'm short and the bibs run long down the leg, almost to the knee so you would like that.

https://www.panachecyclewear.com/collections/closeout

The bibs and jerseys are of good quality and right now you can get a set of bibs for $85 to $124. The pad feels great to me too, it's on the thin side. Thick pads bunch up on me and cause issues.

If you're open to many brands I recommend joining The Clymb web site. No membership dues but you get sale emails from them if you log in. You won't get the emails if you don't go to the site and log in however, so I keep the account open. They do inventory clear outs for Sugoi, 2XU, Castelli, Pearl Izumi, De Marchi, Craft and many more. I have gotten my best deals here but you have to keep an eye out for new items added. It shows how many days the sale lasts but I've missed a few good deals by size by waiting too long. Check out the bibs here today. Again, you have to join to see prices, but its easy to end account if you don't like what you see and you won't get emails at all if you don't log back into the site.

https://www.theclymb.com/search.aspx...60014900000000
Old 12-09-2017, 09:41 AM

Sugoi- quality might not be quite what it was in the past, but they're still comfortable and long lasting.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb01742 View Post
File under 'We're all different'...I found the Voler Black Label bibs to be almost unrideable. The pad feels like it's made of cardboard. Just one butt's opinion.
For sure opinions will be different. My butt says Voler over any bib I have tried no matter the cost, even Assos. But then some guys from my old race club couldn't stand them. One thing is no matter what you think of the fit mine have lasted me a very long time.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:07 AM
needs adult supervision

Quote:
Originally Posted by abguff View Post
For sure opinions will be different. My butt says Voler over any bib I have tried no matter the cost, even Assos. But then some guys from my old race club couldn't stand them. One thing is no matter what you think of the fit mine have lasted me a very long time.
I hear ya. It's true. I was bummed because everything else about the bibs I loved, particularly the quality construction for the price. For whatever reason, the pad, um, rubbed me the wrong way. But again, YMMV for sure.