Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-26-2017, 08:05 AM

the muscle aches are bad.... just lifting myself out of bed was painful... no concussion symptoms so far.

found this:
https://www.betterbones.com/fracture...speed-healing/
Old 11-26-2017, 08:13 AM

OP, assuming you didn't snap the x-ray photos in your basement, and you've gone through proper medical protocol.
In general, follow the comprehensive advice of your medical "team". That is, all the providers you've seen, from ER docs to orthopod to your primary care physician. Then make your decisions. Taking the advice of only a surgeon will, more often then not, get you surgery (sometimes whether you need it or not).

As for helpful tips, as mention earlier, concentrate on good posture and keep your shoulders back. Nature heels your clavicle by overlapping the 2 broken ends. Some overlap is necessary, but too much is bad. When they bring you back in a couple weeks, that is what they look at. Shoulders back in the first week or so will help prevent overlap. Ride a stationary bike to help blood flow and heeling.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:41 PM
il Curmudgeoni

There's not much you can do but give it time. I broke mine over 30 years ago and the first week or so was miserable. The good thing about breaking it back then was that beanbag chairs were popular and I was really happy that I had one. It provided a lot better support than anything else and I could get halfway comfortable on it.