https://www.ebay.com/itm/Southern-En...sAAOSwsW9Yw65k
Old 11-25-2017, 08:27 AM
ZhugeLiang

way too many negative feedback.

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...ms=negative_30
Old 11-25-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
The Seller supposedly was from Olean, NY, but it appears from the UPS shipping info that the product shipped from Carlisle, PA. As I noted, UPS suggested that I ask the seller to issue a package pickup so the driver can go to the home where it was left and try to pick the package up and redeliver it to me. The Seller is refusing to help in any manner.

This is the item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=1736962908001
Gone. PM-ed.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:53 AM

Way too many items, wonder if this guy is a broker. He is the front but the guy that actually sends the item is the one that has the item, and that could explain why the item comes from somewhere else. THe other situation is that this bozo sells so much that one extra bad review is not a big deal.

Hope you paid this with your credit card, sure you might get the money back with them, and quicker.

100 bad reviews in less than a month, that sucks but with the volume that guy handles is not even a problem.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:00 AM

Looking at the item.......I think you've dodged a bullet!

Old 11-25-2017, 09:11 AM

If you look up the shipping address, it is probably an international freight forwarder.

Typical scam:
1) You get a convincing email from eBay saying "update your information" - being tired or having a long day, you click through the link in the email and enter your details, they now have your username/password.

2) They update your shipping address to an international freight forwarding service or an abandoned building.

3) They sit back and wait for free stuff.

This can be entirely automated and sent to millions and millions of people, so the low ROI doesn't matter. It is far more likely than a seller conspiracy. And even if it is, the resolution is exactly the same:

Your entire dispute with eBay should be: "My account was hacked and someone changed my shipping address" - they should take care of it.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroon View Post
Looking at the item.......I think you've dodged a bullet!

Wood powered TV's are the hottest new thing!
Old 11-25-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
If you look up the shipping address, it is probably an international freight forwarder.

Typical scam:
1) You get a convincing email from eBay saying "update your information" - being tired or having a long day, you click through the link in the email and enter your details, they now have your username/password.

2) They update your shipping address to an international freight forwarding service or an abandoned building.

This can be entirely automated and sent to millions and millions of people, so the low ROI doesn't matter. It is far more likely than a seller conspiracy. And even if it is, the resolution is exactly the same:

Your entire dispute with eBay should be: "My account was hacked and someone changed my shipping address" - they should take care of it.
I spent a number of years earlier in my career prosecuting consumer protection matters and am generally pretty savvy at recognizing them. I do not follow links in e-mails, and usually check the ISP addresses if I have any doubt about authenticity. As I paid by PayPal, I got a confirmation instantly and never looked at the follow-up email closely. That was my error. I didn’t realize the item had been shipped to Ozone park until I looked at the tracking info after the delivery seemed late. I still don’t understand why the seller would not require a signature confirmation, or why it is refusing to contact UPS to request a pickup. My gut is telling me that the seller is into this up to its eye balls.

I’m going to visit the NYSP and fill out a report today. I tried to contact the NYC Police precinct in Ozone Park, and it can’t do anything until I file a complaint. In the meanwhile, I found the following info on line at http://www.newyorkrenters.us/contact-info/784841/:

Miguel Padilla is a Home Renter, 76-77 years old, located at 9410A Linden Blvd, Ozone Park City, Queens County, New York 11417-2516 for 01 Years. tel (718) 848-1643.

I tried the telephone number and left a message. And binxnyrwarrsoul has graciously agreed to drop by the address and see if perhaps the package is still on the front stoop.

Last edited by djg21; 11-25-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:46 AM

Thanks for the update. Hoping for the best!

And I appreciate your original post - it's something I'll be looking for going forward as I use eBay quite a bit. I had one very screwy incident with eBay where I placed a bid once for $100, but when the page refreshed after a second or two it said I bid something like $250. I called eBay and the person I talked to didn't believe me...
Old 11-25-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
Way too many items, wonder if this guy is a broker. He is the front but the guy that actually sends the item is the one that has the item, and that could explain why the item comes from somewhere else. THe other situation is that this bozo sells so much that one extra bad review is not a big deal.

Hope you paid this with your credit card, sure you might get the money back with them, and quicker.

100 bad reviews in less than a month, that sucks but with the volume that guy handles is not even a problem.
From a google search, seller Sarafankit2009 appears to be based in India and runs a couple of different eBay stores.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post

Typical scam:

Just got off phone with eBay. I’m told that my account was compromised last month and the shipping address was changed.

I recall getting an email from eBay around that time asking me to reset my password. Using a web browser, I navigated to settings in MyEbay and changed my password, but I had no idea that my address information had been changed and didn’t look. eBay is conducting a fraud investigation, and also will be contacting the seller to determine why the seller is refusing to have UPS attempt to pick up the package.

eBay also told me that signature confirmations are only required when items cost more that $750:

“Remember, to be covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee we require signature confirmation for packages valued at more than $750. If your transaction is $750 or more, signature confirmation will be preselected for you. You can remove this option, however, requiring a signature at delivery helps protect you if your buyer doesn't receive the item and opens a case.”

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/shipping-tips.html
Old 11-25-2017, 12:27 PM

Mysteriously, gone.

Id call up ebay customer support and ask for a history of changes to the acct. Should narrow down when/who changed the shipping address
Old 11-25-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vqdriver View Post
Mysteriously, gone.

Id call up ebay customer support and ask for a history of changes to the acct. Should narrow down when/who changed the shipping address

eBay is investigating. My account apparently was accessed in late October and the shipping address on file was changed. It wasnt the seller. But the seller still is pond scum. There is no reason for the ass to refuse to help me try to find the shipment. Hopefully eBay will cover my costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by djg21; 11-30-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:13 PM

Interesting to see that the information on the sale has by now expired or somehow been "removed".

Ebay claims that this is usually because the transaction is more than 90 days old(???).

I get the sense that Ebay may clean up dirt to hide bad transactions, another example of their simply following the money.

First it's "private" feedback privileges for rogue sellers, and now this.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:08 AM

Follow-up

While I’m not quite yet counting my chickens, it looks like eBay will be covering this and refunding my purchase price on account of the fact that my eBay account had been hacked and my shipping address altered unbeknownst to me.

I was required to file a Complaint with the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center, https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx/, which I just did, so hopefully this will be at an end and I will be made whole soon.

My thanks go out to binxnyrwarrsoul, who went out of his way to visit the residence in Ozone Park where my goods were delivered. Of course, the packages were long gone, but thanks for trying. Rob’s assistance really speaks highly of the sense of community on this forum, irrespective of differences we may at times have.

Thanks again Rob!