Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-24-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
i suggest getting a few ratchet straps to hold it together. i use one on my case every time i travel with it.
That's a good idea. Now I just need to figure out how to say "ratchet strap" in Bulgarian. (I'm in Sofia.) Unfortunately I'm probably not going to be here long enough to get a new case shipped from the overseas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinchris View Post
When Delta tore up my S&S case, they had me deliver the case to them and they repaired it and sent the new looking case back to me.

That's the standard.

In your case, I would just print out a price for a new case including freight and send it to them. Failing that, I would go to a local bike shop and have them write out a receipt with the understanding that when the airline pays up, they can order it for you.
I've already sent Transavia a link to the new case but they claim that's not good enough and they want a receipt for what I originally paid, as if that is somehow relevant to the current cost of the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
Are you trying to do all this through email? If so, get on the phone and push. Hard.
I tweeted at them and immediately got the attention of whoever runs their twitter, who asked me to contact them directly, so hopefully that person will be more useful when business opens tomorrow.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:32 PM

Companies dont want any cr@p going in in social media lately, cheaper for them to get you a new one than get bad reputation, what sucks is that probably the suckers that busted your stuff arent even their employees but airport people.

Iti s dumb to ask for receipts, specially for something that is maybe 5 years old, wont ask who keeps everything because sure at least 10 will say "I DO!!!"

Old 11-26-2017, 10:30 AM

JetBlue roughed up my S&s case pretty bad, most notably breaking the wheels. I reported it immediately (at the airport) then emailed in an invoice to replace it with a new S&s case and they paid out the retail minus a year depreciation. I should have said it was new.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:27 PM
Registered (ab)User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitt3n View Post
They insist on my providing a receipt for the case in order to reimburse me for it. I bought the case with a frame over a year ago (used) and have no receipt.
I feel yer pain: American Airlines did the same thing to two of our S&S Cases on two separate trips (!!). On one occasion only the case was destroyed; on the other the bike frame and one wheel sustained some damage as well.

AA offered to repair the S&S case at no charge the first time. Miraculously, they were able to do so, though I can't for the life of me figure out how since the hinge and valance and three out of four sides all looked like a gorilla had wailed on them with a sledgehammer.

The second time the damage occurred on the outbound leg, so since we needed a working case to return home I showed them several weblinks to brand new S&S Cases in lieu of a receipt, and they authorized our buying a new replacement case and having it expedited to our destination.

My advice: Hound the airline relentlessly until you get properly reimbursed...but be prepared to A) substantiate any claims with either original receipts or unequivocal verification of current retail prices; and B) wait a really long time for full remuneration.

Good luck.