Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-13-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11.4 View Post

You do have a pneumatic or cordless finish nailer, don't you?
Oh boy, now you're sending him down yet another rabbit hole.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem Rider View Post
Oh boy, now you're sending him down yet another rabbit hole.

I'm already down that road, I have access to a few: Pneumatic, Fuel cell, and Battery powered…

brad and finish nailers, pinners, coil nailers, stick and framing nailers, invisideck, roofing nailers, T-nailers, cap nailers, flooring cleat nailers, carton closing staplers, box bottom staplers, light-medium-heavy wire staplers, flooring staplers, cap staplers, plier staplers, corrugated staplers, etc…

Bostitch, Spotnails, Fasco, Paslode, Josef Kihlberg, BeA, Hitachi, Grex,, SENCO,

That’s one area where I…am…connected! I know a guy who’s business is selling and servicing tools and fasteners. I even go help him out from time to time since I know how to tune and repair them. Currently I’m “playing” with a Senco battery powered finish nailer.

William
Old 10-14-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
I'm already down that road, I have access to a few: Pneumatic, Fuel cell, and Battery powered…

brad and finish nailers, pinners, coil nailers, stick and framing nailers, invisideck, roofing nailers, T-nailers, cap nailers, flooring cleat nailers, carton closing staplers, box bottom staplers, light-medium-heavy wire staplers, flooring staplers, cap staplers, plier staplers, corrugated staplers, etc…

Bostitch, Spotnails, Fasco, Paslode, Josef Kihlberg, BeA, Hitachi, Grex,, SENCO,

That’s one area where I…am…connected! I know a guy who’s business is selling and servicing tools and fasteners. I even go help him out from time to time since I know how to tune and repair them. Currently I’m “playing” with a Senco battery powered finish nailer.

William
Good. Just didn't want you up there with a 16 ounce Estwing trying to make the ceiling look good.

For what it's worth, on the plaster front, there are specialty drywalls that are pre-finished to look exactly like a high quality honed Roman plaster job. They actually have a thin skim with the color worked in very nicely. Lots of options in color and style. They are new synthetic drywall so light and easy to work with, very stiff, and while they're expensive, you only have some limited ceiling to do. It's only 1/4" or so and gives you a lot of options to have a great look, and you can varnish it after you've installed it if you want a little more shine to it. A brushed tinted varnish can make it look really nice and gives a little bit more texture. You'll have to find a drywall specialty vendor where you can buy the stuff, but worth checking into. And you install it with adhesive so no screw holes to fill.