Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2017, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
My favorite cycling-related memory of the Impala is the size of the trunk - I could put my Trek 400 in there (I think it was a 62 ST) without removing the front wheel.

When I switched over to my '73 Charger I was bummed to find out that I'd have to remove the wheel to get it to fit.
I had a 1965 Impala and I hauled my Ducati Scrambler from Lancaster,PA. to Queens, NY in its trunk. The bike only weighed about 250 lbs. so I loaded/unloaded single-handed.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1850 View Post
ARP has stud kits, no material specs but look like all steel hardware, $93, I'm not impressed.

I put the current exhaust system on this car, probably around 1990. I always use anti-seize on anything threaded but all 4 exhaust flange bolts twisted off. I don't think anti-seize makes much difference given the temps on exhaust systems.

I'm thinking stainless studs with brass nuts may be the way to go, but am wondering if there's a reason why it's not commonly done.
I would avoid stainless studs, if you have to drill and tap those out, you will be looking for a new motor instead.