Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds (Cycling Products)

Old 02-12-2020, 03:30 PM

Parlee Altum R (M), 105, Ardennes+painted 240s, Storck, 3T , Compass

Easily one of the nicest carbon rides around, and barely used. Literally only blemish is a chip on the chainstay that isn't even though the paint, but can be felt with your finger. Built up lovingly for my partner, but recent unexpected medical bills necessitate its sale. She wasn't riding it anyway!

I really gave this one as much love as I could. It's a first gen Medium (~54cm) Altum R with a size M headset spacer. Fork is cut with a generous amount of steerer left (24cm) so you can achieve a comfortable bar height. As new 3T Arx stem (110mm) and setback Ionic post topped with a 143mm Specialized Toupe saddle with Ti rails. Bars are 42cm Storck 220 carbon bars - my favorite on the market - best ergos I've found and Hysteresis Flex technology for superb comfort. Full Shimano 5800 105 group with long cage derailleur, very large cassette, and compact 172.5mm crank. The bike is cabled with DuraAce polymer cables for very smooth action. Best of all, it features custom Speedvagen/Vanilla painted 28h DT Swiss 204s hubs laced to HED Ardennes 23mm wide rims topped off with 28mm Compass Barlow Pass tires with Extralight casings (the smoothest road tires I've ever used). Frame clears the 28mm tires with room to spare. Also features Elite cages and Fizik performance tape.

Hoping $1800 will get me a quick sale with shipping at your expense via BikeFlights or Ship Bike; boxing and packing at my expense. Local sale in NYC welcome (I live next to Prospect Park for test rides!).

Having worked on many bikes, this one impresses me the most. It drips quality - the layup looks excellent from the inside. The internal cable routing is very clean and easy to work on, and can be converted to Di2 easily. The seatpost wedge is brilliant, and has been widely copied since. I can email additional pictures and a PDF of the geometry. The F&F price alone was $5,500 (!!!) so I think this is a solid forums deal.

Last edited by zzy; 02-12-2020 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:42 PM

ttt
Old 02-17-2020, 05:30 PM

too much?
Old 03-11-2020, 07:50 PM

1700?
Old 03-24-2020, 09:59 PM

1600??