Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2022, 12:52 PM

Two words

Jayson Tatum
Old 11-17-2022, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldar77 View Post
Jayson Tatum
When he starts posting up in the paint he will be even more unstoppable than he is now.
The sky is the limit!
Old 12-16-2022, 12:20 PM

The Warriors, like every dynasty team deserve the benefit of the doubt until they don't, but.....

-They're currently sub-.500, with a barely positive net rating, even with Curry having an MVP level season.
-They've been reliant on Curry to generate enough offense to keep them in games even as the defense is pretty meh.
-Curry is out for at least 3 weeks - Poole and Thompson going to carry this offense for that long?
-How deep can they be in the seedings and still be a title favorite or even a conference finals team? Would you trust the variance associated with possibly two win-or-go-home play-in games? What if their path out of the west as the 7 seed is something like Clippers (play-in) - Denver - Phoenix - Memphis*?

*Memphis, btw, is a terrible matchup for GSW. They were remarkably close to beating GS last year without Morant.
Old 12-16-2022, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
The Warriors, like every dynasty team deserve the benefit of the doubt until they don't, but.....

-They're currently sub-.500, with a barely positive net rating, even with Curry having an MVP level season.
-They've been reliant on Curry to generate enough offense to keep them in games even as the defense is pretty meh.
-Curry is out for at least 3 weeks - Poole and Thompson going to carry this offense for that long?
-How deep can they be in the seedings and still be a title favorite or even a conference finals team? Would you trust the variance associated with possibly two win-or-go-home play-in games? What if their path out of the west as the 7 seed is something like Clippers (play-in) - Denver - Phoenix - Memphis*?

Memphis just meted out some serious punishment to Milwaukee: https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/pla...aight-game-nba

Memphis-Celts in the Final. Dawn of a new era.

*Memphis, btw, is a terrible matchup for GSW. They were remarkably close to beating GS last year without Morant.
Right you are.
Old 12-28-2022, 11:44 AM
Registered (ab)User

Great googly-moogly, wish I'd seen this Knicks-Mavs game!

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/l...istoric-night/

tbh the biggest surprise to me from this synopsis was that the Knicks were even that close...I'm so used to them being perennial losers that it didn't even occur to me that they'd be up 9 with 35 seconds to go in OT. Or even in OT. Perhaps I need to start paying attention to them again?
Old 12-28-2022, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post

tbh the biggest surprise to me from this synopsis was that the Knicks were even that close...I'm so used to them being perennial losers that it didn't even occur to me that they'd be up 9 with 35 seconds to go in OT. Or even in OT. Perhaps I need to start paying attention to them again?
I turned it on after the Celtics game - got to watch NBA history.
No - they were up by nine in regulation - Knicks missed free throws (and Mavs scored) allowing it to go to OT.
And, goes without saying - Luka was a beast. He intentionally missed that last free, got the rebound and scored - In the Postgame interview he said he was tired and was looking forward to a beer - haha

Last edited by wc1934; 12-28-2022 at 12:05 PM. Reason: - -
Old 12-28-2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post

I think jury may still be out on the Knicks. They’re definitely better with Brunson but still maybe one player away from being very good. Randle is playing like they hoped he would last year after getting the big contract. Last night was 4th loss in a row but I think they won 7 or 8 in a row before that.

After last night Luka MVP odds might get shorter ( Mavs need to win more!) although Jokic, Tatum, Durant are top 3 IMO.
Old 02-21-2023, 06:59 PM

Kings vs Warriors.

Yes please! More of that! I didn’t realize Sacramento had the highest offensive efficiency rating in history.

Raised in Sacto, lived in Oakland for the duration of the Dubs reign. Don’t care who wins (although I’m kinda pulling for Sacto) More of this style BBall!

Last edited by XXtwindad; 04-15-2023 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-15-2023, 10:59 PM

Lakers vs Grizzlies should be exciting too.
Old 04-16-2023, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Lakers vs Grizzlies should be exciting too.
Lots of people want a Lakers - Warriors second round. I think it’s anybody’s to take in the West. I’m pulling for the Griz, but Adams and Clarke injuries might keep them out of the west finals this year.

I couldn’t stay up for the second half of Warriors - Kings but watched the Knicks game. I still don’t get how the Mavs let Brunson go after his playoff performance last year. That’s going to be a fun series even though I don’t think either of the teams played that well last night.
Old 04-18-2023, 01:51 AM

Give SAC credit for creating energy in their new arena, better and louder than Arco? They do something called "Light the Beam" see here around 1m 15s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh2axnZjvSw

Golden State may win 2 at home and come back to SAC with momentum to win game 5 - or less likely they will drop one at home.

Grizz backup PG is supposedly very good, can't remember his name. Good to see D-Lo back in form. I will be going to Game 4 Lakers-Memphis most likely.
Old 04-18-2023, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klasse View Post

Grizz backup PG is supposedly very good, can't remember his name. Good to see D-Lo back in form. I will be going to Game 4 Lakers-Memphis most likely.
Tyus Jones is very good; I was surprised there wasn’t any talk at trade deadline of teams making a play for him as a starter. As a Grizzlies fan, it was disturbing to see AD revert to 2017 form and the Lakers get max production from their bench. It will be interesting to see if they can keep it up. I wouldn’t expect the bench play to stay that hot, but Davis should do well with the Griz front court so decimated.

Enjoy the game! My son, also a Griz fan, lives in LA and went to the last regular season Griz - Lakers game (he met Big Shot Bob!). I haven’t heard from him yet if he’s shelling out for a playoff ticket.
Old 04-18-2023, 09:06 AM

Tough to repeat - especially when D Green looses his cool.
Old 04-18-2023, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
Tough to repeat - especially when D Green looses his cool.
Sabonis should win an Oscar. That’s a move that would make Ginobili blush.
Old 04-18-2023, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Sabonis should win an Oscar. That’s a move that would make Ginobili blush.
Are you suggesting that was not a flagrant 2?