Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-25-2023, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberenyi View Post
Hello Everyone. I thought I would share this info because it just may help someone. For about 3-4 weeks I have been trying to get rid of an inflamed bursa under my sitbone. There are various names out there; saddle soar, ischial hygroma, etc. But basically once the infection is gone you may end up with a slight lump which is the bursa that is filled with body fluid. They are a bugger to get rid of even though the infection is gone. This was my issue. I tried epsom salt baths, various topical steroids creams and ointments from mild to the most aggressive perscription, acne creams, Preparation H, you name it I tried it. But then I decided to try a homeopathic approach and I couldn't believe how effective it is. Within 12 hours my lump started the go away. Within a few days it is almost gone. And there is no redness any more on my cheek in the sitbone area. My regimen consists of using Tea Tree oil and Lavendar Essential oil together applied 3X per day (one drop of each). Put the Lavendar essential oil on first rub it in for about 15 secs and then very little Tea Tree oil on on top. It truly is amazing at least for me it was. Hope it helps someone else. I plan on putting these two essential oils inside my Chamois Butter tube and mix thoroughly.

PS. Tea Tree oil alone did not work for me.
Pics or it didn't happen.......Wait!
Old 05-25-2023, 12:26 PM

apparently this guy tried a home remedy I guess he used bacon grease...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 175516106_10110409694505728_6496258431846477699_n.jpeg (57.1 KB, 160 views)
Old 05-25-2023, 07:27 PM

I’m not at all surprised but will admit that I am disappointed at the number of dumba$$ replies to this thread. This is a serious problem, affects a lot of cyclists and the OP posted a remedy that worked for him.

Thanks to the OP for the suggestion. I’ve had periodic issues with inflamed bursa over the sit bones and will give his suggestion a try.
Old 05-26-2023, 08:35 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberenyi View Post
Let’s not go there with saddle or bike fit. I’ve been riding with the same saddle for 15 years nothings changed and I’ve been fit professionally four times. This was the first time I’ve ever gotten this type of an issue. Don’t know if it’s an outlier or not but the fact remains I solved the issue using the regimen above.
Glad it got fixed but the same saddle for 15 years or the same saddle model for 15 years? I got what you have, altho a little different place and it was because the long use Rolls saddle kinda gave up...
Old 05-26-2023, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Glad it got fixed but the same saddle for 15 years or the same saddle model for 15 years? I got what you have, altho a little different place and it was because the long use Rolls saddle kinda gave up...
Model.
Old 05-26-2023, 08:53 AM

Boils

I use bag balm. I think it was made originally for cows. Available in drug stores. Reduces swelling.
Old 05-26-2023, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimoots View Post
Nothing has changed... except you have
This.

As long as the saddle has a cutout for perineum pressure relief, the culprit for saddle sores 95% of the time is the saddle too high.
Old 05-27-2023, 07:48 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oakterrace View Post
I use bag balm. I think it was made originally for cows. Available in drug stores. Reduces swelling.
Since somebody else mentioned this..Dr Naylor. Oil of Clove, so it smells more better. Little less lanolin so less 'greasy' than Bag Balm.
Medicated, works great for things like beat up, cut up hands too.

Amazon has it. I sold in the shop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg naylor-ub9-dr-naylor-udder-balm.jpg (39.7 KB, 77 views)
Old 06-15-2023, 10:16 AM

I ordered this one a week ago in hopes that it would provide more staying power on the skin with my skibbys on. This stuff works really well and is more effective than just Lavendar essential oil and it has some in it as well. My bump is 98% gone. Very happy. Hope this helps someone else in the future.

https://owellnaturals.com/products/d...ximum-strength