Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-10-2020, 08:15 PM

If anybody is interested in a Medium sized Chebacco, Ultegra Di2, then let me know. I can certainly do a PL forum deal. Listed it locally first because I'd rather not need to deal with packing/shipping a full bike. Local pricing also reflects the usual low-balling that comes with it.

Will prob find some time this weekend to list it properly here.

Tan
Old 07-10-2020, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geemalar View Post
@ guru......

One of the crew that rides with us uses his Chebacco for road and gravel........just last week he finished off a 110 mile road ride on it, which is pretty typical on a weekend ride.

As far as performance, he’s usually the one we are chasing during more spirited rides. Seems like the bike is more than capable for anything thrown it’s way.......

Never ridden the Chebacco, but I have an Altum..........can’t say enough good things about the Parlee brand.
Riding with these guys, I can say that's 100% the case. With a tire swap, our buddy will be on the same bike the next day for a 40+ mile gravel ride, and crushing it.
And from Parlee's end, the Chebacco is basically the "endurance" version of the Altum, just with MASSIVE tire clearance. In terms of one bike to rule them all, I'd say it's closest stock bike you can get.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:29 PM

I rode my Chebacco any time I was riding. I had a wheelset with 32c Spec Roubaix Pro tires I would swap on for group rides or a set of 42c Gravel Kings I’d ride for mixed surface. I did Old Growth Classic on that bike with the 42s and the only time I was wanting more was during the sandy descents, it was otherwise a great match for mixed surfaces. Obviously it’s not made to be purely road but the compromises it made to be capable off-road were worth the sacrifices on road.