Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-18-2019, 10:17 AM

What a shock I can't read half the posts on here because everyone's already on my ignore list.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:43 PM

The salt is flowing at the Radavist as noted in a recent comment regarding this subject:

"Hey what a shock the irrelevant AARP dinosaurs over at Paceline Forums think PC culture has run amok."

That site is only good for the pics but the content becoming way over-recycled (i.e., yet another bikepacking trip by Specialized-sponsored influencers).
Old 07-18-2019, 01:53 PM

Also, can someone break down this "scandal" for me?

Here's what I got so far:

Someone was riding an e-bike the TD to document the journey of a TD participant.

The participant was a Specialized-sponsored rider. But otherwise cool.

And this documentary was going to be monetized and shared by all the Radavist friendly Big-S influencers.

Then there would of been a release party where all the Radavist friendly influencers would show up wearing short cut-off jean shorts and wacky sunglasses on their crusty bikepacking bikes. And they'd smoke weed. Maybe one or two would get naked. And it would be totally rad. And someone would get rad outside the party. And then the Radavist would put up some "reportage" on this release party and subsequent radness. All sponsored by Specialized.

And someone took umbrage with this?

What am I missing?
Old 07-18-2019, 01:56 PM
aka RAEKWON

I am not a fan of the radavist but also not a fan of some people here either so the crap goes both ways really.

This is a dumb situation and I think it looks crappy on both sides at the end of the day.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:00 PM

But "AARP", c'mon man!

Maybe the comments on the Radavist are "PC" but with comments referencing the AAPR think they're being intolerant and ageist.

And besides, it's all about AMAC...right!?
Old 07-18-2019, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygunner View Post
But "AARP", c'mon man!

Maybe the comments on the Radavist are "PC" but with comments referencing the AAPR think they're being intolerant and ageist.

And besides, it's all about AMAC...right!?
haha, i dont know who made that comment, but whoever did is probably a member here, or at least a regular reader, otherwise, how would they know? i wonder if they lump themselves into the AARP crowd

that person is also probably reading this thread....

so:

hey you, that wasnt very nice!
Old 07-18-2019, 02:27 PM
#BLM

hah, maybe not nice, but also not inaccurate...
Old 07-18-2019, 03:10 PM

I laughed
Old 07-18-2019, 04:55 PM

If you don't agree with the narrative or ask the wrong type of question...you're apparently some sort of bigot that needs to be on the lookout for blue plate specials and a 1988 Cutlass Supreme

Quote:
Also, can someone break down this "scandal" for me?

Here's what I got so far:

Someone was riding an e-bike the TD to document the journey of a TD participant.

The participant was a Specialized-sponsored rider. But otherwise cool.

And this documentary was going to be monetized and shared by all the Radavist friendly Big-S influencers.

Then there would of been a release party where all the Radavist friendly influencers would show up wearing short cut-off jean shorts and wacky sunglasses on their crusty bikepacking bikes. And they'd smoke weed. Maybe one or two would get naked. And it would be totally rad. And someone would get rad outside the party. And then the Radavist would put up some "reportage" on this release party and subsequent radness. All sponsored by Specialized.

And someone took umbrage with this?

What am I missing?
Old 07-18-2019, 05:11 PM

My real takeaway here is that Jay Petervary, a dudebro with a long history of breaking the rules (or even the "spirit of") threw a fit at the possibility of someone else getting special treatment and justly lost a big sponsorship from his hypocrisy.

You can debate whether or not his intent was sexist (you tell me, but it sure reeks of entitlement) and whether or not the "PC police" have gone too far (that's not a thing, and even if it were...), but facts are not on his side.

Last edited by jtbadge; 07-18-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:49 PM

Except he didn't throw a fit, he posted his opinions online in a normal way. You can read every comment he made publicly - they're still in the tour divide facebook group.

His contract was terminated (or non-renewal) because of an organized behind the scenes campaign by Rugile Kaladyte and her friends/associates.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbadge View Post
My real takeaway here is that Jay Petervary, a dudebro with a long history of breaking the rules (or even the "spirit of") threw a fit at the possibility of someone else getting special treatment and justly lost a big sponsorship from his hypocrisy.

You can debate whether or not his intent was sexist (you tell me, but it sure reeks of entitlement) and whether or not the "PC police" have gone too far (that's not a thing, and even if it were...), but facts are not on his side.
It seems the facts are totally on Jay P's side. Whether or not he is a hypocrite may make him not the ideal person to point out the facts but the facts are the facts. Having your own personal entourage, which includes your lover, there under the guise of documentation is way way outside the spirit of the race. Some minor infractions here and there are nothing compared to this.

The Radavist excuse post reads like the SO is unwilling to take any portion of responsibility, even an iota of a scintilla, for this ***** show. It basically comes down to, "People who were afraid they would be brigaded like Jay P for saying no did not say no to our evisceration of the race so it is okay."
Old 07-18-2019, 06:08 PM

people still read the radavist?
Old 07-18-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
The salt is flowing at the Radavist as noted in a recent comment regarding this subject:

"Hey what a shock the irrelevant AARP dinosaurs over at Paceline Forums think PC culture has run amok."

That site is only good for the pics but the content becoming way over-recycled (i.e., yet another bikepacking trip by Specialized-sponsored influencers).
Hey, I submitted a trip report article a while back to Radavist. I am patiently waiting for validation. SO there is hope.

I like radavist BTW
Old 07-18-2019, 06:12 PM
Classics Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
If you don't agree with the narrative or ask the wrong type of question...you're apparently some sort of bigot that needs to be on the lookout for blue plate specials and a 1988 Cutlass Supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
people still read the radavist?
You guys crack me up.