Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Bike Fit

Old 06-18-2019, 09:44 PM

since you have tried stretching .. maybe you want to look into building the strength of the left leg .. sometimes the pain in the right leg is because the right leg is taking more load due to strength imbalance ..

have a PT to diagnose .. sometimes to find the right PT is not one time job .. unfortunately
Old 09-28-2019, 12:18 PM

My right knee gives me pain at times, more so if I am not in a low enough gear. It sometimes locks up on for me just for a second or two, but not when biking. I really have to be careful with the lowering of myself using the knees. Getting back up has to be done slow. I know I have a bit of arthritis going on there.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:48 AM

check your , saddle height,leg length and pedal stroke. i had same issue. got a fit ... stuck 2mm spacers into my left cleat. hip stopped swaying back and forth and problem went away.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcovelo View Post
Another thing you might consider is hip stability. Over time I lost a lot of strength in my gluteus medias, which contributes to lateral leg strength. This resulted in one knee collapsing inward and tracking poorly, which resulted in medial knee pain on one side.

Relatively easy to fix with one knee squats, and similar PT.

I mention this because the knee pain showed up without any other changes in bike fit, w/o any other injury. Just slow loss of localized strength.

Turns our cross training is important after all. Who'd a thunk?

I have similar situation due to weak hip stability diagnosed by PT. Core, Hip, ankle stability, all helped me. PT told me my knee is a victim of my hip. Good luck!