Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramnnim View Post
Is this an offer for the OP?

For the OP or anyone really. I don't mind helping out. I'm an industry person who is "sadly" partnering with someone on a shop/frame shop in my area.

I say sadly cause I wish it happened sooner and of course due to the time it takes.

So in the mean time, I'm still doing my industry work and in process of opening the store. We both have builders experience, him more and he is an engineer and tool and die maker. Worked for Alcoa forever and had a hand in designing and actually making "special things" for the military. So the guy is skilled beyond words. Our birthday present to each other is the Brew Frame Course.

And no, we aren't "partners" like that. Not that there's anything wrong with that! Dude is the one who got me into cycling. He's like my dad, old enough to be. Known him for 30 years. He's retiring and wants to fill his day and do something fun. We're heading to NAHBS for ideas and fun. Should be good.

So yes, industry guy who has access and opening a place shortly.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1850 View Post
Dan'sComp has good prices on Sapim, but it doesn't look like they have CX-rays.

http://www.danscomp.com/shop-PARTS/g...MX+Spokes.html
Dan's Comp doesn't keep their website up to date. Give 'em a call, and they'll probably have it on your door pretty quick.

I've been using Brandon @ BikeHubStore for most of spokes though, he's reliable and once you hit $1k, it's lifetime 10% off (which I should only need one more wheelbuild to hit). Hit $2500 and it's lifetime 15% off. Or 10% off all the time if you're active military.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:28 PM

Nice, I could imagine doing something like that once I retire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
For the OP or anyone really. I don't mind helping out. I'm an industry person who is "sadly" partnering with someone on a shop/frame shop in my area.

I say sadly cause I wish it happened sooner and of course due to the time it takes.

So in the mean time, I'm still doing my industry work and in process of opening the store. We both have builders experience, him more and he is an engineer and tool and die maker. Worked for Alcoa forever and had a hand in designing and actually making "special things" for the military. So the guy is skilled beyond words. Our birthday present to each other is the Brew Frame Course.

And no, we aren't "partners" like that. Not that there's anything wrong with that! Dude is the one who got me into cycling. He's like my dad, old enough to be. Known him for 30 years. He's retiring and wants to fill his day and do something fun. We're heading to NAHBS for ideas and fun. Should be good.

So yes, industry guy who has access and opening a place shortly.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:36 PM

another vote for dans comp. i buy all my spokes from them, just order over the phone
Old 01-09-2014, 06:17 PM

Sometimes you can get good deals from ebay aswell.

Tags
building, spokes, wheels