Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-20-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
Are you being facetious? I really can't tell.
I'm sorry - no. Not even a little bit. Before harbaugh we had special team issues every season. After Harbaugh? It didn't really happen. One season and special teams were markedly better.

He was promoted to a position coach he wasn't ideally suited for and his unit still improved. It fell apart completely the year after he left.

I liked harbaugh a lot...I was hoping we'd find a way to keep him when he left for Baltimore.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron O View Post

Pats fans can obfuscate and try to talk about Ray rice as much as they want - how come after over 20 years of coaching, the only coach Shula called a cheat was Belicheck?
I'm guessing it's because Shula feels threatened by his record - are any other coaches even close to Shula when it comes to best ever coach?
Old 01-20-2015, 08:31 PM

we don't take it very seriously - hahah

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyarayfox/...iots-are-1530e
Old 01-20-2015, 08:48 PM

[QUOTE=SBash;1691823]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len J View Post
More PED violations than any other team. One of the youngest teams in the NFL and several teams right behind them on PED's...I think Bruce Irvin was the last and he was suspended for 4 games.

The statement "we will pass interfere every play knowing they won'T call them all. "
BS, Seahawks lead the league in penalty's..so you have nothing there.

Hiring a cheater as head coach.
No he's not...He coaches the Seahawks! You need to get over the USC thing.

People bring their integrity with them, integrity doesn't change.
Nothing here, just your opinion.

Just bringing things fans don't like...... Facts.
Seahawks are one of America’s favorite teams and at the top in the league in Jersey sales.

Go SeaHawks!

I know you don't believe Pete is clean (even if we "get over the usc thing")

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...camp/14646221/
Old 01-20-2015, 09:13 PM

It's kind of interesting to me to hear the dislike for the Seahawks from other than Fortyniners fans (I'm used to them disliking the 'hawks, and to be honest, a lot of us Seahawks fans love to hate the 'niners, especially when HArbaugh was at the helm.)

I grew up an L.A. Rams fan, and will be royally screwed and confused if they move back. I loved the Rams (but only in LA), and also love the Seahawks. Love them or hate them, they are clearly different. The camaraderie evident between the teammates make them different form most of the teams you see in any pro league. Pete Carroll's system is clearly working in Seattle, and that system isn't complicated. It's based on fundamentals, earning your spot on the depth chart, and trusting your teammates to do their job.

Carroll and John Schneider may very well be on the verge of creating a dynasty to take over for the Pats dynasty. No team since the Fortyniners under Walsh and Seiffert have been as consistent as the Pats, but the youth, salary cap math, and proven ability to find and develop talent suggests that Seattle may well be on that track.

As to Seattle not being a "Sports town" I don't know what that means. I do know that the whole "Twelves" phenomena has been a lot of fun. My wife has become a huge football fan (having a son go to a football power high school doesn't hurt either), and we have a good time watching the games together. Due to a power outage, we went down to our little village (Magnolia which is a neighborhood in Seattle). It was the most fun I have had watching a football game since I watched Cal beat John Elway with "The Play" (Google it if you don't know what I mean).

I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl, and hoping (expecting?) to see Russell Wilson stay unbeaten against Super Bowl winning quarterbacks.

CaptStash....
Old 01-20-2015, 09:19 PM

Blackmagic

http://www.rilenews.com/stories/spor...k-black-magic/
Old 01-20-2015, 10:30 PM

Old 01-20-2015, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron O View Post
Ok...

But then again, the Seahawks have been selling out their new stadium since the beginning, and always sold pretty well in the dome back before we had the CLink. Not to mention the fact that Seattle is a mostly Huskies town, and the legion of Husky season ticket holders. It sounds like you are just annoyed that there are now more Seahawk fans in the city than there used to be, and that the Seahawks, as a relatively new franchise, don't have as much tradition as some other clubs. I still don't see the big negative. The club is bringing lots of fans to the game. It's fun. Roll with it.

CaptStash....

PS: We are guaranteed to have a Super Bowl winning Cal Bear running back this year. How cool is that?
Old 01-20-2015, 11:10 PM
Randomhead

the cheating that bugs me the most is pass interference when a db is beaten, especially late in the game when a score could change the winner.

I'm sure that if the Colts thought the ball inflation was wonky they could have complained during the game. I just can't see this leading to the kind of butt-kicking that the Colts got

I'm not a Pats fan, but when they had the chance to shut up those damn undefeated Dolphins, I was rooting for them. Hated that team then and I still hold out hope someone will go undefeated. I'd even be willing to have it be the Cowboys, and my favorite team is whoever is playing the Coyboys this week
Old 01-20-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptStash View Post
Ok...

But then again, the Seahawks have been selling out their new stadium since the beginning, and always sold pretty well in the dome back before we had the CLink. Not to mention the fact that Seattle is a mostly Huskies town, and the legion of Husky season ticket holders. It sounds like you are just annoyed that there are now more Seahawk fans in the city than there used to be, and that the Seahawks, as a relatively new franchise, don't have as much tradition as some other clubs. I still don't see the big negative. The club is bringing lots of fans to the game. It's fun. Roll with it.

CaptStash....

PS: We are guaranteed to have a Super Bowl winning Cal Bear running back this year. How cool is that?
Don't mind me - I'm just bitter over football. I actually love that Seattle made playing defense cool again.

I think the college team thing is part of why north east fans are so rabid over pro football. We don't really have competitive college teams for the most part...so pro football gets a push in emotion.

I went down to dallas a few years back for a game. Dallas fans in philly and NY are mostly THE WORST. It's their entire identity, and they usually pick dallas as a reactionary thing to annoy people. So to me Dallas fans were these incredibly obnoxious, loud, emotional SOBs. I'm prepared for that in Dallas. Instead you got these very genteel, calm people who mostly didn't care that much and thought it was amazing that people would go that far to watch football. One of them bought me a beer. In philly, the only beer an opposing fan gets is over his child's head!

In Dallas they care about high school and college ball - the pros? Less passion. Then I realized - Dallas fans in the north east are just obnoxious northe east fans in a different jersey. Pro-ball is different here.

Last edited by Aaron O; 01-20-2015 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
the cheating that bugs me the most is pass interference when a db is beaten, especially late in the game when a score could change the winner.

I'm sure that if the Colts thought the ball inflation was wonky they could have complained during the game. I just can't see this leading to the kind of butt-kicking that the Colts got

I'm not a Pats fan, but when they had the chance to shut up those damn undefeated Dolphins, I was rooting for them. Hated that team then and I still hold out hope someone will go undefeated. I'd even be willing to have it be the Cowboys, and my favorite team is whoever is playing the Coyboys this week
I go back and forth over whether I hate the gauchos more or the Washington native Americans. Probably the native Americans.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:24 PM
Randomhead

I grew up as a native American fan. The NFL should give Snyder a one time good deal on the name change, 50 percent of the the first year jersey sales. That would wake him up.

What really turned me against the 'boys was Pat Summerall and his, "America's team" propagandizing. That used to drive me nuts
Old 01-20-2015, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
I grew up as a native American fan. The NFL should give Snyder a one time good deal on the name change, 50 percent of the the first year jersey sales. That would wake him up.

What really turned me against the 'boys was Pat Summerall and his, "America's team" propagandizing. That used to drive me nuts
I have the best name for them after the switch...

The Washington Gridlock
Old 01-21-2015, 02:04 AM

As my four-year-old would say: "CHEATERS, CHEATERS, PUMPKIN EATERS!!!!"

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...ld-accountable

Last edited by cloudguy; 01-21-2015 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:51 AM
not banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudguy View Post
As my four-year-old would say: "CHEATERS, CHEATERS, PUMPKIN EATERS!!!!"

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...ld-accountable

Thankfully in complex situations like this, sports fans have a strong track record of patience, understanding and not jumping to conclusions.