Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-20-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb01742 View Post
This is from CBS broadcast of Packers game Nov. 30. Jim Nantz talking to Phil Simms:

Nantz: We talked to [Aaron] Rodgers about 'How do you like your footballs?' Because, you know, you can rub them up before the game. [Phil], you really kind of created that for everybody else in the league.

Simms: I don’t know if I did, because the quarterbacks got tired of them complaining. But he said something [that] was unique: 'I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it.' Because he thinks it’s easier for him to grip. He likes them tight. Of course, he’s got very big hands and you can tell that by watching him play.

So in the minds of those who believe BB 'cheats', does Rodgers cheat too? He admits to circumventing league rules, then sees if he gets 'caught'. Wil
be an outcry about this? Rodgers is very likable so I bet he gets a pass.
But I do bet this sort of admission will complicate the NFL's investigation into deflategate. If, and that's a big if at this point, it's found the Pats under-inflated their footballs, yet other teams admit to over-inflating their footballs, how will the NFL mete out 'justice'?

Last thought. The next time the Pats play the Colts, the beatdown the Pats put on them will be epic. And deserved. What crybabies.
EXACTLY

http://www.massholesports.com/2015/0...r-how.html?m=1
Old 01-20-2015, 06:26 PM
Peter Pan Oath adherent

Yeah, actually there is.

You serve your penalty and you stay clean for some amount of time and you're supposed to be able to redeem yourself. Otherwise people sent to prison would never get out.

Repeat offenses alter that equation

Otherwise let's talk about "Bountygate", teams that have lost draft picks for tampering, yes, Pete Carroll and USC, Ray Rice, and the list can go on and on.

The Colts got crushed and embarrassed and now they're whining.

The Ravens coughed up a hairball and couldn't keep the Pats from overcoming 2 - 14 point deficits and they whined too.

Green Bay & Aaron Rodgers overinflated balls and admit it and no one cares

It really is a Patriot and BB dislike issue we are dealing with here

BK

Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:38 PM

[QUOTE=Len J;1691889]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBash View Post

Let me clear something up. I'm not a colts fan.... never have been. This isn't about the colts. I called the NE loss.... it's about presumption re a convicted cheater about cheating.

Len
Well I just don't see it the way you do...Patriots in the pass, yes...but that's over. Seattle, hell no...We just won our 1st Super Bowl in 38 years with a team that's built around one of the best defense's ever, and with a few all-pros that were late draft pics...Pete Carroll built this team and I don't see anything close to cheating.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:06 PM
needs adult supervision

If you listen to the tape of Nantz and Sims talking, there's an admiring tone to their voice, like they're proud of Rodgers' 'gamesmanship'. So if the guy is funny in insurance commercials, it's gamersmanship. But if you're a sourpuss in a hoodie, it's cheating? Can't wait to see how Goddell parses this one.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:22 PM

Poor victimized Belicheck.

You know...the football fraternity is awfully small, and the players rarely break ranks and talk about things like this. Why is Belicheck the only guy I've ever heard players and other coaches particularly call a cheating sleaze ball? Hollis Thomas never called any other coach a cheating turd. For all his tension with the steelers, Hines ward never called billick a cheating turd. I've never heard bill Parcells call any other coach a turd. I've never heard don Shula call any other coach a turd.

Pats fans can obfuscate and try to talk about Ray rice as much as they want - how come after over 20 years of coaching, the only coach Shula called a cheat was Belicheck?
Old 01-20-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce K View Post
Y
The Ravens coughed up a hairball and couldn't keep the Pats from overcoming 2 - 14 point deficits and they whined too.
BK
I realize I'm biased here but when/how did the Raven's whine?
Old 01-20-2015, 07:31 PM
needs adult supervision

Quote:
Originally Posted by laupsi View Post
About Pats eligible/ineligible receivers formations in the game a week ago. Harbaugh's comments were pretty whiny, don't you think?

Then you could add Ray Lewis' rant about Brady would be nothing without the tuck rule.

Speaking as a Pats fan, no one plays us harder or better than the Ravens. But their comments aren't always gracious.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laupsi View Post
John Harbaugh is still whining about the Pats' irregular formations and ineligible receivers. If the Ravens defense couldn't adjust quickly enough, Harbaugh could have called a time out. He failed.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
About Pats eligible/ineligible receivers formations in the game a week ago. Harbaugh's comments were pretty whiny, don't you think?

Then you could add Ray Lewis' rant about Brady would be nothing without the tuck rule.

Speaking as a Pats fan, no one plays us harder or better than the Ravens. But their comments aren't always gracious.
RL is no longer a Raven. Harbaugh was outcoached, the league indicated everything was legal. I missed his rant, then again I'm used the "Harbaugh Way". As for Whiners, sorry there isn't anyone whinier than TB when he has a bad day at the office.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:37 PM

It was a sad day in philly when harbaugh left.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:37 PM
Adam/SerottaFan

I wish we had a coach like BB in Detroit...
Old 01-20-2015, 07:38 PM
needs adult supervision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron O View Post
Poor victimized Belicheck.

You know...the football fraternity is awfully small, and the players rarely break ranks and talk about things like this. Why is Belicheck the only guy I've ever heard players and other coaches particularly call a cheating sleaze ball? Hollis Thomas never called any other coach a cheating turd. For all his tension with the steelers, Hines ward never called billick a cheating turd. I've never heard bill Parcells call any other coach a turd. I've never heard don Shula call any other coach a turd.

Pats fans can obfuscate and try to talk about Ray rice as much as they want - how come after over 20 years of coaching, the only coach Shula called a cheat was Belicheck?
Since you're apparently invested in this, care to comment on what Aaron Rodgers said about him over-inflating Packer footballs beyond league rules? Or can only the Pats do wrong?
Old 01-20-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Since you're apparently invested in this, care to comment on what Aaron Rodgers said about him over-inflating Packer footballs beyond league rules? Or can only the Pats do wrong?
I'd rather dissect your comment.

Why would you say "since I'm invested in this?" You've commented on the thread as much as I have, so you're at least as invested as me. I dislike Belicheck because I have serious doubts over whether you earned your ring against my eagles. I am absolutely sour grapes. I dislike Belicheck because he is a convicted cheater. I dislike him because of his attitude. I dislike some of the players you've had - like Rodney Harrison.

I also dislike him due to jealousy. I'll admit it. And I'll also admit that I wish our coaches were as successful. I'm a hater

This seems like non-sense to me...but do I think bill Belicheck would break a league rule in a championship game? Yes - I do think so, and I do think he is a bigger scum ball than other coaches. A lot of other coaches and players seem to think so too. So...I'll wait to see if it has legs.

The thread had a whoa as me, poor Belicheck tone to it...and when you act like Belicheck, and get caught, as he did, you don't get to,play the victim.

The guy is a jerk - you know it. I respect that you enjoy his success - and if he were our coach, I'd enjoy it too. But I'd admit he's a scum ball
Old 01-20-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron O View Post
It was a sad day in philly when harbaugh left.
Are you being facetious? I really can't tell.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:03 PM

what's this "we", what position do you play?
Seattle cheats too. Adderall, USC, I could go on.

Its professional football, everyone pushes the envelope. If not, you'll soon be unemplyed

[QUOTE=SBash;1691943]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len J View Post

Well I just don't see it the way you do...Patriots in the pass, yes...but that's over. Seattle, hell no...We just won our 1st Super Bowl in 38 years with a team that's built around one of the best defense's ever, and with a few all-pros that were late draft pics...Pete Carroll built this team and I don't see anything close to cheating.