Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-17-2021, 02:53 PM
SageOfMilwaukee

When a quarterback runs they give up all the protection the NFL has given to them. Seriously, they cannot be touched unless they leave the pocket. Yes, they are a dual threat, but it's the NFL - everyone is fast and running QBs cannot stand the test of time in the league with 16 weeks and the playoffs.

Lamar is a good runner and decent passer, but he's still young. At least he is part of a quality organizational Can you imagine if he was in Jacksonville or Miami? He has some solid weapons around him with Snead, Dev, and Hollywood Brown at WR as well as Dobbins at RB.

Running QB is not a racist label, it's what he's currently the best at. I'm sure his passing game will get better, but the playoff numbers don't lie.

"Through four playoff starts, Lamar Jackson has thrown 3 touchdowns to 5 interceptions, is completing 55.9% of his throws, and is averaging 225 passing yards per game. He averages 91.8 rushing yards per game in the playoffs but has scored only one rushing touchdown in those four games. The Ravens are 1-3 as a team with him starting at quarterback."

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/lam...s-01ew8amrtyfc

P.S. - See that TD run by Rodgers yesterday? Yeet! Thought he was going to pull a calf again.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:02 PM

Bills fans are awesome

On a much happier note, Bills fans have donated over $150k to Lamar Jackson's Blessings in Backpack since the game last night. Donations by over 7000 individuals so far. They have raised over 1M after the death of Josh Allen's grandmother for a local hospital I believe. Incredibly classy. Wasn't a big Bills fan prior, but I hope they go all the way. Bills Mafia, I salute you!!
Old 01-17-2021, 03:11 PM

And I just read they did the same thing for the Andy and Jordan Dalton foundation in 2018. Over $415k donated after a Bengal win got the Bills in the playoffs. Crazy awesome.
Old 01-17-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kppolich View Post

Lamar is a good runner and decent passer, but he's still young. At least he is part of a quality organizational Can you imagine if he was in Jacksonville or Miami? He has some solid weapons around him with Snead, Dev, and Hollywood Brown at WR as well as Dobbins at RB.

Running QB is not a racist label, it's what he's currently the best at. I'm sure his passing game will get better, but the playoff numbers don't lie..
Rush Limbaugh started the whole "running QB" thing back in the nineties saying the NFL was so desperate to have a QB win a SB that Donovan McNabb was deliberately hyped, and other dog whistles like that. No doubt that narrative played well in some regions.

The trouble with talented athletes is they are from a young age put in the most important position by coaches, who want to win, and their athleticism usually gets them and their team out of trouble. They are then told they are superb, and believe it as kids do when told something by adults.
When pressured they fall back on that incrediblism and calculate they are good enough to carry the team no matter what risks they take.
That egotism is REAL HARD to coach out of someone. Lamar at 24 is probably past that age. His reaction when his risks don't pay off is why I suggest he is not a good teammate. Ravens should trade him for another good running back and a QB that has the balls to stay in the pocket and take a shot to complete a passing play, or throw the ball away.

Also that pick 6 YTF wasn't Lamar sprinting across to cover his own mistake?

Lamar's coaches when he was young did him no favors IMO. But I coach rugby, maybe we have different values.
Old 01-17-2021, 05:11 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Since this has become the default football thread:

Will Mahomes be able to play next weekend? They will need him.
Old 01-17-2021, 05:54 PM

Obviously concussed, depends how he comes back over the next 5 days. Hopefully he is okay but wobbly legs would add a day to regular recovery progression.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
Obviously concussed, depends how he comes back over the next 5 days. Hopefully he is okay but wobbly legs would add a day to regular recovery progression.
Initial report from Reid is blow to back of head, doing much better. As a Chiefs fan, this is the worst possible outcome if he can't play. Henne has played well & showed moxie out the wazoo, but the drop off between the two is massive.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:35 PM
SageOfMilwaukee

Half a billion invested in Mahomes potentially. Do you play him? Does the NFL let him play? I mean they are doing everything they can to protect QBs, but I bet they won't step in like they did with COVID stuff to protect top teams earlier this year.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:39 PM

Independent doctor's call.

Not sure who I want to win Brady or Brees. Maybe Brady to show that he can win without Belachik.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Not sure who I want to win Brady or Brees. Maybe Brady to show that he can win without Belachik.
I want the All Blacks to win-always.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:10 PM
what's a little rust?

Quote:
Lamar's coaches when he was young did him no favors IMO.
I agree, having only watched him in college and the pros.

It doesn’t seem common, in college in particular, to coach for the player’s success in addition to the program’s success. Too easy to let a kid like Lamar (or, at my alma mater, Jake Locker) stick to what he knows rather than develop his tools. Especially if that player is as good at running plays or broken plays as Lamar was at Louisville.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:36 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

I wonder if Belichick is watching the Bucs - Saints game?

Things are looking good for TB-12
Old 01-17-2021, 08:43 PM

Game over.

Rogers Vs Brady. Cold weather not a factor for either of them if balls are under inflated.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:48 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Rogers Vs Brady
That's going to be a great game. Imagine all the hype...
Old 01-17-2021, 08:51 PM
what's a little rust?

Quote:
Game over.

Rogers Vs Brady. Cold weather not a factor for either of them if balls are under inflated.
Unless Charles Woodson is there ... and then it doesn’t matter anyway