Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-08-2015, 04:14 PM

I was sitting on the couch this morning and had just fired up some Top Gear on Netflix when I happened to check the weather on my phone... 50 degrees?... what the @#$%...?!? I quickly confirmed this on the laptop, then jumped in my spandex and took off!

The wind was brutal but I was so happy to be out and pedaling again that I didn't care. Can't wait for the Spring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7676.jpg (92.0 KB, 455 views)
Old 03-08-2015, 04:28 PM
Soy Un Perdedor

I was supposed to ride with friends at Aliso Woods this morning, but one of my buddies had to be back by 10am to take care of his kids, so we rode the Fullerton Loop instead. Downtown Los Angeles is in the far background in the upper left, about 30 miles away.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:29 PM
Lanterne rouge

Rode yesterday on tbe road. First time in months.
Landed in Salt Lake City this morning with the beater mountain bike. Its nice to ride where its warm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (32.0 KB, 318 views)
Old 03-08-2015, 09:56 PM
ZhugeLiang

I mentioned this on the gravel bike thread...

I must have caught the bug here in Austin as I rode on the trails on Saturday instead of doing the regular loop on my road bike. And the way it happened was kinda weird. I had already put on my road kit and was out about 30 minutes before I decided to turn around to go back home to grab my Merlin cross bike, loaded it up in the car and drove over to the trail head....really strange. Anyhow, I still had a great time.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:48 AM

That's a cool vid, weisan!

We rode dirt/gravel yesterday too.

This road goes between Eastman Lake and the town of Raymond, CA. Had to "go over the wire" to access it, but it was surely worth it. My ridng pal Susan rode her trusty FCR as always. It's her dang grocery bike, but she rides that thing everywhere! It was a nice day.
On another note, I discovered the hard way that my new Paselas are not as good in sand and gravel as the Clement USHs are.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
I mentioned this on the gravel bike thread...

I must have caught the bug here in Austin as I rode on the trails on Saturday instead of doing the regular loop on my road bike. And the way it happened was kinda weird. I had already put on my road kit and was out about 30 minutes before I decided to turn around to go back home to grab my Merlin cross bike, loaded it up in the car and drove over to the trail head....really strange. Anyhow, I still had a great time.

Weisan Pal nice vid. What kind of camera are you using and how did you have it mounted?
Old 03-09-2015, 11:31 AM

Whoa, rode outside in New England today without full leg coverage:

Old 03-09-2015, 01:34 PM

Old 03-09-2015, 02:29 PM
The B!

The 3000 calorie deficit stare....

Oh the horrors beheld on that day

Old 03-09-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B View Post
The 3000 calorie deficit stare....

Oh the horrors beheld on that day

Eternal bridesmaid!

Just kidding, I have no idea what area this ride took place in but I would have to ride about 100 miles to get that much climbing where I live, so kudos for going fast on some big hills.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:53 PM
The B!

I snagged three 2nds, two 5ths, a 7th, and... KOM! I wanted two KOMs, got one of them, and got within 31 seconds of the other (I had been 1:30 behind- the dude is a beast). The KOM I did land was one I snagged from a pro. I believe it's my first KOM stolen from a pro, and a very prolific one, at that... so it felt good. I'm sure he could just come snag it right back.... but maybe not.

We've got some great hills around here. All short - none of these peaks go higher than about 1,400', and the passes obviously don't go to summits... so you have to knock over a few in a row if you want to see big gain on your ride, but it keeps it dynamic and fun. Watch out for the pitbulls, though.. seems everyone has a pitbull, up in these thar hills.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:24 PM
SageOfMilwaukee

Old 03-09-2015, 07:40 PM
ZhugeLiang

Thanks for the compliments, Henry and Bob pals.

Henry pal, I am glad you got Susan to keep you company. Yeah, the pasela is by far the best bang for the buck but they don't excel in anything, just average to good. Did I say they are cheap? I have been thinking about trying the Clement someday, heard some really good things about them which make me curious.

Bob pal, I am using the Garmin Virb basic. They have discontinued but I got it cheap on a Groupon deal for less than $100. I am very happy with the quality. The best part of it, I can run a cable to an external power source and keep it recording until i run out of space on my SD card (64G can record up to 8+ hours at highest quality 1080p). I had it mounted like it's shown on this picture. Feel free to pm me offline if you need more info.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:36 PM

It's been a long, brutal winter, but it's finally letting go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Elephant 3-10-15.jpg (90.7 KB, 235 views)
Old 03-11-2015, 09:53 PM

Three or four days of 50 degree weather and the snow is just about gone from the high prairie - especially in the area where I took the picture. I managed 80 miles today, just short of 140 for the week so far. The Match Paramount is a sweet ride and Chorus 9 still rules.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Walnut Kasbeer 3-11-2015.jpg (69.9 KB, 209 views)