Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Old 05-12-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW View Post
What cable housing is that? Also what thickness of lizard are you running? Love the set up. Do you have a link for that bar mount?
Thank you!

-Ilink cable housing
-Lizardskin race 1.8
-Fetha custom mount. From Australia. I have the standard mount because I like to have the angle of my mount level with the ground and not upward along the same rose as the stem. The newer adjustable option does not allow for a "negative" angle. (Negative is anything below the rise of the stem. Since it is bolted into the the 2 bottom bolts of the stem, if you habe the newer adjustable version, it will follow the same rise or up. The original allows for up or down adjustments)
Old 05-31-2017, 10:47 PM

Does the Fetha mount have any way to mount a GoPro underneath (a la K-Edge and BarFly?)?
Old 06-01-2017, 08:46 AM

Where do you get these! Need some for my EMONDA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbanero View Post
Does the Fetha mount have any way to mount a GoPro underneath (a la K-Edge and BarFly?)?

I thought I saw an option for it a while back but dont see it on their website. Might want to reach out and ask them. They do a lot of custom work, so I wouldn't be surprised i they told you they would be able to incorporate it.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinTukker View Post
Where do you get these! Need some for my EMONDA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Here:

https://www.fetha.com.au/shop
Old 06-01-2017, 10:03 AM

Thanks!

will check it out
Old 06-02-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
Or these which do have an option for a gopro mount:

http://www.f3cycling.com/formmount-and-accessories
Old 06-26-2017, 10:56 PM

here's a slight update and story.

Been thinking about getting new bars for some time now, just didn't know what I wanted.

1) Wanted matte finish bars to match my matte carbon frame
2) Wanted to be able to take the logo's off the bars and couldn't do it to my current bars without sanding off the glossy clear coat
3) Wanted a bar that had a oversized top bar again without gaining weight.
4) Wanted bars that would be the same reach and drop of what I had because I didn't want to make effect my current fit.

In came the new Ritchey superlogic Evo bars and it hit the mark of everything above. Found a killer deal on ebay for new ones, so I pulled the trigger. Got home on Friday and they were delivered to my front door. Ran inside like an 8 year old girl on Xmas morning! Pulled them out of the box and they were exactly what I was looking for. Even saved myself 30g with these new bars! Didn't even change out of my work clothes, grabbed a microfiber towel and some acetone and went to work on getting the logo's off. Everything went as planned......Until it didn't!!! The logo's came off nice and easy, unfortunately so did the matte clear coat! I have take acetone to bike parts SO many times without any issues and never thought twice about this causing an issue. there was a nice little ridge taken off of the top bars form where I was rubbing. My stomach dropped. Did I just destroy these $300 bars in less than 10 minutes?!?! I wanted to cry because I figured they were ruined. I went to my computer and contacted the ebay seller to see if he had another set, but he replied, "sorry, I dont". Plus I was struck with the sickening thought of, did I really want to spend $500 on 2 sets of bars? The simple answer to that was, HELL NO! Took the bike out into the sunlight to see just how bad this was and as soon as the sun hit the bars, it almost ignited a chemical reaction or something. Everywhere the acetone had touched the bars had turned green and not just green, but GREEN!!! I brought it back in my garage (trying to hold myself back from throwing up) and the green was now glowing!

So I figured at this point, I had nothing to loose, so I taped the bars off and took out my 800, 1000 and 2000 grit sand paper. Within an hour I had it sanded down to what I wanted. I was able to sand it down evenly and it looked pretty good, other than the fact that instead of a nice consistent matte carbon look, I was now looking at the raw layers of carbon. When I looked at it, I didn't know if it was really any better like this. I figured at least with this, I would get new bar tape (longer) and wrap most the bars and there would only be little to see. This was my plan, but deep down it wasn't what I wanted. I don't like my bars wrapped to far in. My buddy and I were talking about what options I had at this point and we recalled a friend of his had a air brush shop. I contacted him and he asked me to bring them down so he could look at them, but really didn't think it was going to work. He taped off the middle and did some test spots. 10 minutes later, he brought it out to me and I was amazed!!! It looked brand new, just without the logo's, which is what I wanted to begin with. He didn't have any matte clear coat so he told me what to go get, Spraymax 2000 (Which some people here recommended as well) which I'll get shortly. Told me to bring it in and he would spray it for me if I like. So I'll be going down to a local shop that carries it and will bring it back to him. Bonus points, he didn't charge me anything!

So relieved to know that it all turned out. I've been stressed about this the last couple days and wasnt sure I'd be able to make use out of these bars, which would result in me spending double the amount with an expensive lesson learned. . Should be able to put the matte clear on in the next day or two and I've ordered new bar tape and it should be here at the end of the week. Will get completed pictures up once I've got them back on and reinstalled with the new tape and bars.

[/url]

Old 06-28-2017, 03:59 PM
aka RAEKWON

that turned out great
Old 07-03-2017, 05:04 PM

What Deda stem is that? The bar/ stem combo looks slick! I just got a 2017 Supersix. The Ritchey superlogic handlebar is also near the top of my list to replace the alloy bars that came stock on the bike.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:49 PM

Deda elementi Superleggero black option. I then used acetone to take off all the white logos.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:24 PM

All my photo's have been blocked from Photobucket for some reason. Guess you have to pay for 3rd party sharing now? Screw photobucket, Hello Flickr!

anyway, here are some of the photos that I luckily saved over time.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:09 PM
aka RAEKWON

Yeah photobucked just shut down half the internet. And the best part? They want $400 a year for 3rd party hosting. Lol.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
Yeah photobucked just shut down half the internet. And the best part? They want $400 a year for 3rd party hosting. Lol.
They lost all my pictures several months go. I still haven't rebuilt my albums...
Old 07-05-2017, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
Yeah I saw that. I have been locked out of my photobucket for the last 5 months on my laptop. tried to change password and all that jazz, but nothing worked. Finally was able to log in and download some of the photos I really wanted. Flickr seems to be nice, but I found that photobucket was a bit faster and easier to copy and paste a link to forums. Now I have to copy/paste and select certain bits and trim, then post. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but my picts seem to post just fine