Chicago
DC
NYC
Atlanta

Life is about to change for many.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:55 PM

My response
As well it should change!!!.

We have agents of the government going around killing people because of the color of their skin.
Don't you think it should change?.

Enough sitting around pretending that all is well and good.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:56 PM

Waiting for the mods to shut it down.
Why are we afraid of the truth around here?.
Am I going to ruffle someones white feathers?.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
Waiting for the mods to shut it down.
Why are we afraid of the truth around here?.
Am I going to ruffle someones white feathers?.
I spent a chunk of the day at a demonstration. Maybe you did the same. I have no idea. But if not, if instead you're hoping to change the world by posting on a bike forum, I have some really bad news about the history of activism in this country (and the spelling of Minneapolis).
Old 05-29-2020, 09:06 PM
ZhugeLiang

I don't think any of the mods is afraid of the "truth" but rather....no amount of talking around here is really going to make any meaningful, long lasting change...any real change is hard-won, involved personal skin in the game, three-steps-forward-two-steps-back-outright-frustrating and....out there....not here.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:12 PM

Misspelled on purpose because I knew it would get clicks.
And I am sorry but I disagree, this isn't an isolated incident of one thug in a uniform, this is institutional racism from the highest level of government, on down, and until we as a country and as a culture are willing to admit to this it will continue to happen.
And by speaking about it everywhere, not just at a political demonstration which is by it's definition attended by people that are already politically active.

So YES I am going to speak about it on a bike forum, because we can't continue to stick our heads in the sand and pretend that it isn't our problem.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:17 PM

400 hundred years of systemic oppression. Today won't do squat.
What did the LA riots 25 years ago do to change things in minisoota?
Old 05-29-2020, 09:19 PM

I mean, not really, none of those are NBA playoff teams currently, so it looks like the league is leaning towards a playoff bracket system relaunch.

Shame though, KAT is fun to watch.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
Misspelled on purpose because I knew it would get clicks.
And I am sorry but I disagree, this isn't an isolated incident of one thug in a uniform, this is institutional racism from the highest level of government, on down, and until we as a country and as a culture are willing to admit to this it will continue to happen.
And by speaking about it everywhere, not just at a political demonstration which is by it's definition attended by people that are already politically active.

So YES I am going to speak about it on a bike forum, because we can't continue to stick our heads in the sand and pretend that it isn't our problem.
The mods will close the thread: not because they're putting their heads in the sand, but because, as they've said 10,000 times, they don't want politics to be a topic of conversation here. Anyway, let me suggest, again, that you find a local demonstration. March and be counted. Or give some money to Migizi Commiunications, which is an Indigenous youth organization whose building burned down in the fires last night. Or to North Star Health Collective, which funds the street medics who are on the ground in Minneapolis. Or to the George Floyd Memorial Fund.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:20 PM

The Paceline Forum is NOT . . .

• For persons to express negative feelings for persons of any gender, race, religion, national origin, etc. The Paceline will not tolerate bigotry in any form, including posts intended to incite expressions of bigotry from others.

• For individuals or companies to promote their products, goods, services or themselves. If you are interested in advertising on The Paceline, please contact the moderators. Our rates are very reasonable and you can help support the site while reaching a targeted audience. While manufacturers, designers, frame builders, sponsored riders and others with a connection to the industry are welcome to post, and even encouraged to do so, we ask these people to focus on providing information and participating in the discourse rather than on engaging in pure promotion.

• For individuals or companies in the bicycle (or any other) industry to denigrate or disparage a competitor, a competitor's product or a competitor's service.

• For commercial purposes. The Paceline classified section, in particular, is intended for private party cycling gear for sale, or gear wanted postings only. A "private party" is an individual who is not engaged in an ongoing cycling-related business endeavor, and whose posting is not related to an ongoing cycling-related business endeavor of any kind. The Paceline Classified forum exists so that forum members can sell their used, personal equipment and gear. It is NOT intended for traders who buy new equipment elsewhere (i.e, Ebay, Craigslist), which is intended for resale. Also note that the classfied section is the only place where items may be advertised for sale by members. No listings of items for sale are allowed in other sections or via thread titles, signature lines, or other posting elements.

• For anyone whose obvious purpose in the view of the moderators is to harass, threaten, anger, slander, or discredit other forum members.

• For discussion of partisan political topics. If a discussion devolves into partisan politics it will be shut down by the moderators and the thread may be deleted and/or suspensions handed out. Experience has taught us these discussions inevitably deteriorate.

• For posting personal information (e-mail address, address, telephone, etc.) of any individual other than yourself.

and you as the op are in violation of a few easy
Old 05-29-2020, 09:22 PM

A few more options if you want to show your support:

We Love Lake Street is helping Lake Street business rebuild after the fires. Unicorn Riot is the journalistic collective that's been putting up live feeds. And Reclaim The Block organizes Minneapolis community and city council members to move money from the police department into other areas of the city’s budget that promote community health and safety.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

It is our problem. It's everyone's problem. I'm not afraid to discuss it with my friends, which I have for years. I have black friends and neighbors. Everyone is disgusted with what happened and we all hope for justice. A bike forum is not conducive to a constructive discussion.

I'm closing this thread , not because it's not important but we are a bike forum as I said.

If someone wants to discuss it go to FB or any other of a number of sites.

Further attempts to open new threads on this same subject could result in a two week cooling off period for the OP.