Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2020, 07:42 AM
Ex-Mr.President

OT #2 Mustangs or other muscle cars

I know many of you love your 4 cylinder turbo rally hatchbacks and there is nothing wrong with that route. I have had a few in my day. However, I was brainwashed into V8 muscle stuff and now have my own V8 muscle car.

So if you have a V8 pony car (preferably a Mustang) or anything else that ticks the hot rod/V8/American Muscle stereotype car post them up! Ilove the old and new stuff...well some of the new stuff. I could do with out a few, but never the less, post them up! No euro-turbos or tuner imports. Those cars are brilliant for the right person, but I want good old American V8 displacement!

Cheers

I have had a few I the last I don’t know how many years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F457EBC8-A961-4E18-B8A3-52C77762F368.jpg (59.7 KB, 233 views)
Old 05-29-2020, 07:46 AM
Ex-Mr.President

And another two of these before the blue one, both lemons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 83A3462F-ED44-4E41-8500-068B886D7312.jpg (61.6 KB, 226 views)
Old 05-29-2020, 07:49 AM
Ex-Mr.President

...and finally my dream car from when I wa s much younger lad.

This thing has redefined speed, power, and knowing the limits of a car, which I have yet to reach.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F5BDF662-E423-46A9-A83E-C4497C2B1DA7.jpg (64.3 KB, 223 views)
Old 05-29-2020, 07:55 AM

Said it last time I posted on a similar muscled car post.

Neat to look at in pictures, but they are nuisances to society for many reasons.

Incredibly loud and obnoxious, they cause stress in many neighborhoods across the country with those forced to live next to people that fire them up every morning next door.

I live on the top floor of a building, four floors up, and with my windows closed get to hear the glorious sound of an Audi v10 firing up every morning. Amazing machine but I hate it for waking me up nearly every day at 5am. Tempted to drop a rock through it’s clear engine cover in the rear...

Inexperienced people drive them like idiots making it less safe on the roads.

Keep em on the track or out in the desert away from me, thanks.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:57 AM
Ex-Mr.President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2ridefar View Post

Neat to look at in pictures, but they are nuisances to society for many reasons.

Incredibly loud and obnoxious, they cause stress in many neighborhoods across the country with those forced to live next to people that fire them up every morning next door.

I live on the top floor of a building, four floors up, and with my windows closed get to hear the glorious sound of an Audi v10 firing up every morning. Amazing machine but I hate it for waking me up nearly every day at 5am. Tempted to drop a rock through it’s clear engine cover in the rear...

Great, sorry you don’t care much for them, but how about contributing to the fun of the post instead of spouting why they put you off.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
Great, sorry you don’t care much for them, but how about contributing to the fun of the post instead of spouting why they put you off.
My hope is more are aware of how annoying their machines are and be more considerate. It is clear most that own them think it sounds cool and everyone loves them.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:06 AM
Ex-Mr.President

Quote:
My hope is more are aware of how annoying their machines are and be more considerate. It is clear most that own them think it sounds cool and everyone loves them.
Whatever, I wanted this for people who don’t have some prodigious against the flipping style of car. If you don’t have anything fun to add don’t post just to bash what you don’t like.

Remember what fun is like? Different for loads of people. I get it that it isn’T yours. I don’t rev my engine through the neighborhood setting off alarms or pissing people off. Sorry you have had that experience or too many of them. I didn’t buy the car because I could make it loud. Haven’t altered the exhaust one bit.

Again this was meant for people who actually enjoy these cars, not bitching about them. Come on now.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:08 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:

Yee gads...lighten up francis..
Quote:
My hope is more are aware of how annoying some peope are and be more considerate.
FIFY
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 712C9G8HuLL.jpg (57.1 KB, 205 views)
Old 05-29-2020, 08:10 AM

Apologies but I just grow tired.

In case you were wondering it was 5:07am today when I was awoken with a bang.

Every. Single. Day. For months

How would you like that?
Old 05-29-2020, 08:15 AM

I always like looking at the OT car threads! But I admit that my goal has always been to have my most valuable bike be worth more than my car. Guessing the bike would have to be the Firefly. Car is a 2008 Honda Fit.

My grandfather was an electrician and 6 days/week drove a station wagon and then a small van when I was growing up (remember the Corvan?) Buut he had a Sunday car - a cream 1960 Ford T-Bird with a 390 V8, red interior. I loved that car! He was also an avid fisherman, and when I was young he and I and my uncle and cousin went up to way north in Maine to fish. We were pulling the trailer with his little boat and all our stuff, north of Bangor on 95, going 100 mph when one of the trailer tires blew. By the time were stopped, the wheel rim had been abraded almost down to the axle. Put the spare on and proceeded at more sane pace.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:16 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ways-to-Move-Your-Stuff.jpg (17.3 KB, 202 views)
Old 05-29-2020, 08:18 AM
Ex-Mr.President

Quote:

How would you like that?
Honestly, I get what you are saying, but being a douche with a loud car/truck/motorcycle isn’t all of us. But I understand your point and it is a valid one.

Let’s get more pics and less banter.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:32 AM

I've been a fan of V8 muscle cars about all my life. And well aware of their limitations. Although recent versions handle pretty good now. Have owned various V8 Mustangs on and off since 1966 (my first one).

My favorite Mustang now is not a V8. The most recent Mustang now has a Performance 4 cylinder Eco Boost option ($5000) over the base Eco Boost, based on the Focus Rally Car engine that produces 350 ft lbs Tq and is advertised at 332 HP. That is my favorite muscle car engine now. 6 speed manual or 10 speed auto...auto is faster manual more fun. V8 power and performance of just a few years ago with 4 cylinder economy and 200 lbs less weight on front wheels than the much more powerful 5.0 V8. So have been lusting over one....while my wife thinks I'm nuts. Maybe will go take a test drive and get it out of my system. The thought of taking $35-40,000 of assets and putting into a high depreciating vehicle usually brings me to my senses.

So cheers....and hope you continue to enjoy yours.

Last edited by Ralph; 05-29-2020 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:34 AM
cmg

a pair of teenagers on my sisters street have Mustangs, 5.0 and every afternoon they fire them up and drive around the neighborhood. They're unnecessarily loud. The residential street is not racetrack.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:35 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmg View Post
a pair of teenagers on my sisters street have Mustangs, 5.0 and every afternoon they fire them up and drive around the neighborhood. They're unnecessarily loud. The residential street is not racetrack.
Bet your local police department has a non emergency number..call 'em...

(210) 207-7273