Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-30-2020, 09:06 AM

Bont Shoes

Does anyone know where you can buy Bont Vaypors WIDE in the US?
Old 05-30-2020, 10:44 AM

Bont Shoes

What size, model and color are you looking for? I have a pair of black Vaypor + I’ll probably sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by many_styles; 05-30-2020 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:52 AM

43 wide
Old 05-30-2020, 11:21 AM

I take it back, they are 43s, but I measured with a pair of calipers the widest part of the shoe, and it’s 95mm, which is closer to standard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2020, 12:32 PM

Good luck, such lousy representation for such an excellent shoe.

I spent over 4 years trying to find a 50W to try and all the local Bont dealers (three then, only one left) refused to bring one in even if I committed to buying it. Seriously considered buying a pair on one of their 25-30% off sales, but it was still too much money with no idea how they'd fit and possibly having to return. I ultimately bought a new pair on ebay for about 40% of retail figuring it was my last and only chance to try Bonts.

Their online size calculator, for the higher end shoes at least (Vaypor, etc), was very accurate in my case indicating I was right near the top of a 50W and the 50W is the best fitting shoe I've ever tried. I had purchased a 50W Riot+ on one of their sales (also per sizing calculator), was subsequently contacted by customer service asking for my measurements and told they did not believe the Riot+ was a suitable fit. They did not reply to my inquiry as to why their opinion differed from that of the calculator, but they did offer that the Vaypor last shoes would be a likely fit.

Whatever, took forever, lousy customer service and dealer network, but an awesome shoe.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donevwil View Post
Good luck, such lousy representation for such an excellent shoe.

I spent over 4 years trying to find a 50W to try and all the local Bont dealers (three then, only one left) refused to bring one in even if I committed to buying it. Seriously considered buying a pair on one of their 25-30% off sales, but it was still too much money with no idea how they'd fit and possibly having to return. I ultimately bought a new pair on ebay for about 40% of retail figuring it was my last and only chance to try Bonts.

Their online size calculator, for the higher end shoes at least (Vaypor, etc), was very accurate in my case indicating I was right near the top of a 50W and the 50W is the best fitting shoe I've ever tried. I had purchased a 50W Riot+ on one of their sales (also per sizing calculator), was subsequently contacted by customer service asking for my measurements and told they did not believe the Riot+ was a suitable fit. They did not reply to my inquiry as to why their opinion differed from that of the calculator, but they did offer that the Vaypor last shoes would be a likely fit.

Whatever, took forever, lousy customer service and dealer network, but an awesome shoe.
Similar experience for me. I found their online info to be accurate. I have/use a 42.5 wide. my feet are 264mm. (I don't remember the specific model. Note that Bont says different models have different lengths, also note they have an "Asian fit" which is something similar to a wide, but that didn't exist when I bought my shoes years ago, and I've never tried them myself.)

Finding wide shoes locally of most any brand/make/style/discipline is pretty much impossible for me, so I take the risk of buying online.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:11 PM

Bont are great shoes the problem is that the guys dont want to make the home work to trick out the insole so the foot doesnt hurt, once that problem is fixed the shoes are like sleepers.