Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-07-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
i was just opining that large, national trade shows that are expensive to get to and exhibit at are on the decline IMO. i realize they are two different types of shows, just putting some parallel predictions out there. i think smaller shows that pull in a more local community and are a little less expensive all around are the newer model.

i went last year in Hartford to NAHBS, it was OK, and nice to see some stuff, old friends and vendors, but honestly - i would not go again unless it was very close, i certainly would not travel far to attend another.

just my opinion as a casual observer of such things though !
This is one of a handful of reasons why NAHBS is a traveling show. The core exhibitors don't have 7 figure marketing budgets so most of them can't afford to travel to the show regardless of location. I hope NAHBS is around for many years to come in some form on another, it's by far my favorite show to do.

Steels are Alloys too!
Old 12-07-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriarQuade View Post
This is one of a handful of reasons why NAHBS is a traveling show. The core exhibitors don't have 7 figure marketing budgets so most of them can't afford to travel to the show regardless of location. I hope NAHBS is around for many years to come in some form on another, it's by far my favorite show to do.
Another advantage of NAHBS is that it appears to be both a B2B (business to business) and a B2C (business to consumer) show. It also appeals to present consumers' desires for authenticity and knowledge of how and where their products are made.

Interbike was always a traditional B2B trade show, which recently opened to consumers as the show began to decline. There is still demand for face to face interaction and being able to see and touch product first-hand. However Interbike, as a microcosm of the bike industry, did not adapt well to changes brought about by the internet.

And on top all of these issues, the industry is being affected by recently implemented tariffs with significant increases looming in 2019.