Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2022, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
I am thankful for threads like this. I know I would not do business with them now!
Agreed!
Old 01-18-2022, 09:58 PM

I’ve had similar poor experiences. I had an AXS group set on order and paid in full knowing they were 2-3 months out. That time came and went and I opted to cancel my order and get a refund. No problem there and thought it was a done deal. After 1 month I realized the refund never processed to my credit card - only on their system. I called and after a little discussion it was deemed a “mistake” and the real refund issued within a day or so. It could have been a legimate glitch, but perhaps not.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJohnny View Post
....the mo is to take your money and place the order with a distributor, wait then ship out.
This is not an uncommon business practice in the bike biz. I ordered a SRAM AXS group in the summer, paid at the time of order, and was told it would ship the following week. Months later, I was finally able to get $ back. In November, I ordered Conti TR tires, and paid for them. I canceled the order last week and was refunded. Both of these orders were with MAJOR online retailers who are not Glory. There are even sites that have no inventory, and are connected to QBP (distributor) and show QBP inventory as their own.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:39 AM
Randomhead

I don't think it's too difficult to tell which mail order brands are just fronting qbp. Probably isn't working that well for them right now. I get stuff at least a little cheaper at my lbs, and I don't have to wait for a mail order place to repackage my parts and ship them a second time.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbnm View Post
before march 2020, they carried very little and had to order everything. I doubt that has changed.
+1
Old 01-19-2022, 12:08 PM
aka RAEKWON

them not having the stuff and basically being drop shippers is not what bothers me about them (there are other companies that do that and they have been fine). Its the fact that they won't tell you that the stuff is out of stock and make you have to message them.

And then when you don't want to wait they won't just send you your money back right away and you have to pester them for weeks or month.

And the icing on the cake, if you are unlucky like me they will just lie to you over and over again
Old 01-19-2022, 12:21 PM
Administrator

This is the most over the top part. that's crazy of them to do that, like really bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwerziou View Post
I’ve had a horrendous experience with them. They were *extremely* slow to give me a refund for an item they could not deliver (mistake of some kind on their website) and I gave them a poor but not vindictive review on facebook. The owner, who appears to be some sort of sociopath, then cyber-stalked me and gave my place of employment a bad retaliatory review, which of course he had never been a client of, and called me out by name to attempt to get me in trouble with my employers. I’ve since heard from multiple other consumers that all is well as long as there are no complications with your order but if there are, look out - S K E T C H Y.
Old 01-19-2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwerziou View Post
I’ve had a horrendous experience with them. They were *extremely* slow to give me a refund for an item they could not deliver (mistake of some kind on their website) and I gave them a poor but not vindictive review on facebook. The owner, who appears to be some sort of sociopath, then cyber-stalked me and gave my place of employment a bad retaliatory review, which of course he had never been a client of, and called me out by name to attempt to get me in trouble with my employers. I’ve since heard from multiple other consumers that all is well as long as there are no complications with your order but if there are, look out - S K E T C H Y.
I had a less than optimal experience with them as well. But nothing like this. This is beyond sketchy. If everything you’re saying is true, this goes way beyond sketchy. It might be illegal as well. If the owner spread malicious falsehoods about you amongst your peers, that’s either libelous or slanderous.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermo View Post
This is not an uncommon business practice in the bike biz. I ordered a SRAM AXS group in the summer, paid at the time of order, and was told it would ship the following week. Months later, I was finally able to get $ back. In November, I ordered Conti TR tires, and paid for them. I canceled the order last week and was refunded. Both of these orders were with MAJOR online retailers who are not Glory. There are even sites that have no inventory, and are connected to QBP (distributor) and show QBP inventory as their own.
Bike tires direct took my order, didn’t charge me a penny, and charged as the axs pieces came in and shipped.

I regret I supported Clive in the past as he seemed a decent person when we met, but I’ve been fooled before…I wouldn’t do business with them.
Old 03-06-2022, 10:38 AM

How long is appropriate before I dispute a charge on my credit card?

On one hand, they're a small shop and chargeback fees can be fairly significant, but on the other, they brought this on themselves...
Old 03-06-2022, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
How long is appropriate before I dispute a charge on my credit card?

On one hand, they're a small shop and chargeback fees can be fairly significant, but on the other, they brought this on themselves...
Every situation is different. Why do you have a delay? What is the seller saying? How available is the product? How quickly do you need it? Will the seller just cancel and you don/t need to go to credit card company?

Jeff
Old 03-06-2022, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwdm View Post
Every situation is different. Why do you have a delay? What is the seller saying? How available is the product? How quickly do you need it? Will the seller just cancel and you don/t need to go to credit card company?

Jeff
Same story as the others, listed in stock but actual delivery date is months away, but charged my card anyways. Supposedly it's been cancelled but they still haven't refunded for almost a month. When does it transition from a short term loan from your customers to being wire fraud?

Should have searched before ordering but here we are.
Old 03-06-2022, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
Same story as the others, listed in stock but actual delivery date is months away, but charged my card anyways. Supposedly it's been cancelled but they still haven't refunded for almost a month. When does it transition from a short term loan from your customers to being wire fraud?

Should have searched before ordering but here we are.
They are not the only ones. Bikeinn listed a Campagnolo cassette as ‘in-stock’, so I ordered….at beginning of December. They then reported that there would be a delay to the end of December. OK, I’m in Vermont, no hurry. At the end of December, they bumped it to the end of February. Okaaaay…. then at the end of February they bumped it to next January!!for delivery. Yes, they had charged my card at the outset. I have cancelled the order. NO they have not yet cancelled the charge. They get reported to the credit card folks if I don’t see the return by Supply chain issues are one thing, but Out and out misrepresentation is not ok in my book. Another place that is not doing business on good faith, sad to say. Caveat emptor.