Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2022, 04:43 PM

Thanks for all the valuable suggestions. Sorry for the ambiguity on riding preference. Main goal is to keep/build fitness and see another city and surrounding area from the vantage point and speed of a bicycle. I will be staying in downtown Santa Rosa and do not plan to rent a car at this time. My weekends will be mostly taken up by pre-planned wedding and wine events, so most my free time will be during the week, where I plan to work from my AirBnB and hopefully squeeze in a morning, lunch or evening ride depending on schedule. So road biking seems like the most optimal use of my free time, unless there trails or unpaved riding right from town. Really, I'm looking mainly for ride suggestions from downtown Santa Rosa. I'll search the boards and see what turns up.
Old 01-18-2022, 05:52 PM
ZhugeLiang

austin pal, I would check out the Santa Rosa Cycling Club website for ideas/contacts:

https://srcc.wildapricot.org/TGR
Old 01-18-2022, 07:16 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
austin pal, I would check out the Santa Rosa Cycling Club website for ideas/contacts:

https://srcc.wildapricot.org/TGR
More great maps - thanks! I do need to figure out a bike. Don't suppose anybody is looking to get rid of a 54-55cm Breakaway or S&S coupled bike with case?
Old 01-18-2022, 07:51 PM
Viva Chamucos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampco View Post
It is frikking rugged out there... any ride including Willows Creek or Coleman Valley will be worthwhile, Kings Ridge and anything that gets you to Wild Flour Bakery at Freestone (they keep weird hours).
Hey Steve, if you remember I joined you, Brian Gavin and a couple of others at said location for what was supposed to be a couple of hour ride circa 2007/2008. Seems like we hit every climb in the area. Yes, frikking rugged. About 4 or 5 hours into it, riding on fumes, we mercifully arrived at Wild Flour and we were all able to refuel so we could make it home. Good memories! Been back many times since.

That day was also memorable because Brian pulled a new type of cellphone from his Jersey - the first time I had ever seen an IPhone. Brian was a character bless his soul.
Old 01-18-2022, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_cycling View Post
More great maps - thanks! I do need to figure out a bike. Don't suppose anybody is looking to get rid of a 54-55cm Breakaway or S&S coupled bike with case?
You're welcome to use my 54cm spech allez pro. I'm about a 2 hour drive from Santa Rosa.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks for all the valuable suggestions. Sorry for the ambiguity on riding preference. Main goal is to keep/build fitness and see another city and surrounding area from the vantage point and speed of a bicycle. I will be staying in downtown Santa Rosa and do not plan to rent a car at this time. My weekends will be mostly taken up by pre-planned wedding and wine events, so most my free time will be during the week, where I plan to work from my AirBnB and hopefully squeeze in a morning, lunch or evening ride depending on schedule. So road biking seems like the most optimal use of my free time, unless there trails or unpaved riding right from town. Really, I'm looking mainly for ride suggestions from downtown Santa Rosa. I'll search the boards and see what turns up.
It's been a few years, I found road riding in Santa Rosa to have become a little too traffic intense. Anadel park was the perfect getaway for short rides, 1 to 2 hrs. It is very accessible from downtown. Part of the park is gravel/road bikeable and part is mountain bikeable.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:55 PM

Quote:
If you could make a 56 breakaway work, i have one for sale, and could even deliver it to you when you arrived in Santa Rosa.
Old 01-19-2022, 09:16 AM

Thanks for the bike offers. I learned that I can take my bike through Alaska as checked luggage and j in have a friend with a bike bag, so I’m going to go that route. What a great perk.