Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2022, 10:45 AM

For riding your bike that is good. Definitely takes a certain type of person to pull this off. It’s a mixture of mechanical ability and common sense. Unfortunately the second part isn’t so common these days. I wish I could make something like this work for me. Maybe one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2022, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfarton View Post
For riding your bike that is good. Definitely takes a certain type of person to pull this off. It’s a mixture of mechanical ability and common sense. Unfortunately the second part isn’t so common these days. I wish I could make something like this work for me. Maybe one day.

Except I do not wish I could pull it off, ever. Better the OP than me. that would destroy, or at least take a huge cut out of my biking enjoyment. People used to tell me I should think about becoming a fishing guide, my answer was the same.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBike View Post
Except I do not wish I could pull it off, ever. Better the OP than me. that would destroy, or at least take a huge cut out of my biking enjoyment. People used to tell me I should think about becoming a fishing guide, my answer was the same.
This is a common theme in many professions. A good friend was an outstanding flight instructor in his spare time. I asked him if he would like to fly professionally full-time. His response: "I love flying far too much to ever do it for a living."

Greg
Old 01-18-2022, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregL View Post
This is a common theme in many professions. A good friend was an outstanding flight instructor in his spare time. I asked him if he would like to fly professionally full-time. His response: "I love flying far too much to ever do it for a living."

Greg
yeah photography comes to mind. people enjoy taking pictures for fun, start doing weddings and burns out fast.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:19 PM
Two wheels good

Quote:

That can happen but did a bit of cycling coaching with my friend's company and I loved it. Admittedly I was only doing it 4-5 hours a week but it was super rewarding.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:26 PM

Quote:

I wouldn’t want it as a full time job. But I could handle that a few times a year. It would be a dramatic change from my full time job. I also volunteer for a few organizations currently. One of them is teaching ESL year round. As long as the group is there to have fun I would also. And getting paid for it would be the cherry on top.

The area they are looking to serve definitely makes it seasonal work.

Old 01-18-2022, 01:12 PM
Post Mod-ern

I didn't find it onerous . . .

Quote:
. . . at least so far. I got plenty of fun riding in when I wasn't doing tours.

BBD
A thing of beauty is a joy forever--Keats