Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds (Cycling Products)

Old 03-15-2019, 07:55 AM

I don't believe it is Ok for someone to refuse to refund a person's money because they are angry.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:05 AM

I would just like to add that perhaps I could have handled things differently. I have reached out to Pelican to try and resolve this. If anyone has any constructive advice it would be appreciated.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:22 PM

I have offered to pay for the shipping he charged me, $50. I hope that will be acceptable.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:38 PM
Everything is connected

Quick transition with gt88 regarding a hard to find part...thanks George.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:53 AM

Good transactions with Clean39T and masters324.

Sad to see the bad experience above. Lessons apparent for sellers and buyers. Sellers should always show pictures of bikes from all angles and highlight any damages. Don't post unless all major angles are represented-- the more transparency up front, the less chance for misunderstanding and additional legwork to answer questions. Buyers should ask questions if some angles or parts are not shown in listing, and also expect the condition of older bikes to reflect that age, unless otherwise stated-- if you believe it looks like a garage queen, confirm if so before buying.

Paypal regular payment should be sent by buyers and requested by sellers. Don't send gift payment or use Venmo or Zelle for large purchases. Use common sense...

Last edited by vincenz; 03-17-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenz View Post
Paypal regular payment should be sent by buyers and requested by sellers. Don't send gift payment or use Venmo or Zelle for large purchases. Use common sense...
Gift payment or a check in the mail is fine if you know the person, their reputation, etc., or have done business with them before, and you have a clear understanding between the two of you on what the deal is, condition, etc.

I've sent checks to folks here, received checks from folks here, sent and received Friend'ly payments, and the like. Outside of a couple misunderstandings, everything has been great.

I'm a hobbiest, not a business. And I don't want to be considered such for legal purposes. That's why I ask for "cash equivalents" payment, but will still accept the other if it's really the only option.

For any of the "bad" experiences discussed here, there are probably 10X or more "good/great" experiences we never hear about.

Plus, must mention that Vincenz was a pleasure to deal with
Old 03-17-2019, 01:01 PM

Pelican no integrity

[QUOTE=Clean39T;2514902]Gift payment or a check in the mail is fine if you know the person, their reputation, etc., or have done business with them before, and you have a clear understanding between the two of you on what the deal is, condition, etc.

I've sent checks to folks here, received checks from folks here, sent and received Friend'ly payments, and the like. Outside of a couple misunderstandings, everything has been great.

I'm a hobbiest, not a business. And I don't want to be considered such for legal purposes. That's why I ask for "cash equivalents" payment, but will still accept the other if it's really the only option.

For any of the "bad" experiences discussed here, there are probably 10X or more "good/great" experiences we never hear about.

I completely agree. Always had a good experience or worked out a misunderstanding.

Unfortunately he has his bike and $400 of my money.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:18 PM

Hey Tom,

It sounds like you opened a case with PayPal and then returned the bike to pelican.

FYI. If you opened the case with PayPal they have already frozen the funds and taken them away from pelican during the arbitration process

Calling him a thief is completely unwarranted. PayPal has the money and when they rule in your favor you’ll get it back. Having pelican refund you will result in him paying you twice.

Last edited by jtakeda; 03-17-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtakeda View Post
Hey Tom,

It sounds like you opened a case with PayPal and then returned the bike to pelican.

FYI. If you opened the case with PayPal they have already frozen the funds and taken them away from pelican during the arbitration process

Calling him a thief is completely unwarranted. PayPal has the money and when they rule in your favor you’ll get it back. Having pelican refund you will result in him paying you twice.
Actually I paid him $400 with Venmo that he won’t refund. That’s my issue with him.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:44 PM

dm0n3y -

Bought a set of chainrings off me. Quick payment and responsive. No issue getting the rings to him in NZ.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:18 PM

Jtakeda and Axel

Smooth transactions with jtakeda and Axel, both buyers.

Both delightful people and would gladly do business with again.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:14 PM
Picshooter

Bodid

I picked up two pair of P.I. Bib shorts from Bodid (Jeff) They were new as advertised, well packed, and he shipped super fast. It was also comforting to see that he has been a member here since 2006. No hesitation, I hope to deal with him again.
Old Yesterday, 03:27 AM

Pegoready - fantastic condition item, quick & terrific shipping, a transaction on Paceline like it should be. Gratzie!