Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-07-2020, 01:39 PM

Question Fizik Arione Classic vs Fizik Volta

I have ridden Fizik Arione Classic and Arione Classic CX saddles (Kium rails) for years, am very happy with them, they are my only saddles now.

I am interested in the discontinued but still available Fizik Volta Kium for a build, and I do understand the dimensional and shape differences.

> Can anyone who has actual experience in riding the Fizik Arione Classic and the Volta compare and contrast these two saddles?
Old 07-07-2020, 01:48 PM

Can't say anything about the Volta.. but if you like the Arione and haven't tried the Tundra the Tundra is also worth looking at and looks somewhat more traditional IMO.

The volta almost looks like it's just an Arione that's cosmetically made retro by not cutting the skirts away as much.

The Tundra has the skirts cut away like the Arione and is very similar but has the tail cut away more like a more retro design saddle.

I have Ariones & Tundras and would be tempted to replace the Ariones with the Tundra.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:02 PM

nevermind

Last edited by deechee; 07-07-2020 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:10 PM

Thank you. I may try a Tundra some day in the future (but I do not like Fizik's squared-off Aliante/Antares back ends, which the Tundra shares).

But for now I am specifically interested in experiences people may have regarding Arione Classic versus Volta.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee View Post
Sorry to hijack, but...
Sorry, but maybe please PM, between yourselves, questions that have nothing to do with the one I raised in the op?

Real-life information on the Volta itself is hard enough to find, let alone comparisons with Arione, and so I really would appreciate not having this turn into a "compare a bunch of different saddles" thread, thank you.