Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-10-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
I guess only the look to match a Ti frame. This said I have carbon posts on all my Ti bikes. They are better in every way.
OK. Thanks for the response. I'm trying to see an angle on why someone would go with Ti and that makes sense.

My carbon post questions will be best served in another thread. Don't want to derail this any more than I have.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:45 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownjewelwl View Post
i meant the pmp....but can you send me some details on the USE post?
Pics are attached of the Sumo. I really like it. The clamp has been solid for me. The finish is a nice brushed with bead blasted graphics. So it matches a ton of the bikes I make. Not stupid light or heavy. Just a really nice Made in the UK post.

Quote:
i've also always wanted a pmp post for some reason

btw, according to jerk, pmp is no longer...

some of the italian outlets still have some inventory so i managed to order one
I don't know about this. I just spoke to Marina the other day and get emails from them all the time. Where'd you hear this from?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg use-sumoti-3.jpg (9.7 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg use-sumoti-2.jpg (7.4 KB, 131 views)
Old 10-10-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donevwil View Post
Bold Precision will build to order and the diameter reduction on such a large Ø post is a huge bonus.
And the winner is: Bold precision post w/ diameter reduction!!!
Old 10-10-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
I had one for a while, it sucked and would not really keep the saddle level. The clamping thing was terrible.
Not to discount your experience, but I believe I had a similar issue. I called Mr. Bold himself and he helped me resolve it. I can't remember what the cause or the fix were, but it might have been as simple as cleaning the clamp out.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiwentg View Post
Not to discount your experience, but I believe I had a similar issue. I called Mr. Bold himself and he helped me resolve it. I can't remember what the cause or the fix were, but it might have been as simple as cleaning the clamp out.
I called him as well and he sent me a new clamp. Did not truly help. Sold it with the bike it was on
Old 10-11-2019, 05:14 PM

that was really fast...different from the pics on the site...must be a newer version...it is already brushed

[IMG]IMG_20191011_173159 by W L, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 10-11-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignon's barber View Post
yes, they're really good. And they have some special relationship with PMP. A while back I needed a custom PMP hubset for a project. They had them make it and got it to me in about a week.
CicliCorsa are very good, but their relationship with PMP/WR/DHC/and many other smaller Northern Italy component manufacturers is the same as any other distributor, in that those companies all produce smaller quantities, and so many of the orders client > CC/vendor >PMP/producer are Just-In-Time. They are very fast that way, very flexible, and can customize easier. None of those companies are Deda/3T/Cinelli scale at all.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
i've also always wanted a pmp post for some reason

btw, according to jerk, pmp is no longer...

some of the italian outlets still have some inventory so i managed to order one
That is incorrect.
Noxon bought PMP 2-3 years ago, and as a result PMP refocused primarily on mtb and so reduced their old catalogue by a fair amount, but they still certainly still exist.

They are branded Noxon-PMP now, producing wheels, wheels accessories, and seatposts only. I already had posted a link (pmpbike.it) on the previous pages.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
tom mentioned bold precision for the diameter reduction....but honestly the look of that post makes my eyes rain
It and the Thomson setback are two of the most unattractive seatposts ever.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:55 AM
ergottWheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by donevwil View Post
Bold Precision will build to order and the diameter reduction on such a large Ø post is a huge bonus.
I have a Bold and would definitely recommend. Put a little friction paste at the pivots before tightening everything up and it won't slip. Same with a lot of clamps with that design (Specialized that came on my Tarmac, older Enve post, Zipp).
Old 01-12-2021, 07:16 AM

Any update on the pmp?
I have been thinking about contacting sales guy and also looking at the USE sumo (though I've read about failures ...)
The ti pmp is really a looker and i can't see how the clamp would have problems unless the bond failed ...
Old 01-12-2021, 07:34 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skouri1 View Post
Any update on the pmp?
I have been thinking about contacting sales guy and also looking at the USE sumo (though I've read about failures ...)
The ti pmp is really a looker and i can't see how the clamp would have problems unless the bond failed ...
Howdy.

PMP is still making posts. They just aren't advertising it. Long story as to why. I still get PMP posts all the time. Here's a pic of a 27.2 x 250mm post(black head) and a 31.6 x 350mm post(silver head). Pretty sure I still have the 31.6mm one in the picture. I'd have to look later.

But yes, I still offer PMP posts as well as the USE Sumo posts.

Regarding the USE Posts. I have never heard of any titanium Sumo posts failing but I have heard of the alloy Alien and Sumo versions cracking. They are super thin and very lightweight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1621.jpg (82.0 KB, 33 views)