Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtechnica View Post
You mean SPD?
Nope.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:33 PM

I cannot like the new Time pedals because I would then have to replace the 13 pairs of ROC ATACs I currently have. Hate em.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:29 PM

The double sided Time platforms just replace xpressos on my gravel bike, so not sure what the new pedal accomplishes, other than grams.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:49 PM

Might be an ideal road pedal.
Personally I like 2 bolt designs with some play over any current road cleat design.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:44 PM

ATAC's on all of mine. Love them.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:54 AM

Wonder if the cleat for this new pedal is compatible with other time line up, because usually they redisign even the cleats making all of the other stuff guys have non useable, new shoes... etc etc...

That was the main reason i never went to expresos or even i-clic road pedals, or I was going to swap the pedals in all my bikes or stay with what I had. At least at my budget was a no no... the other problem is that for example the i-clic at the begining did not have too good reviews due to quality issues.

At the end moved to keywins which kept their design unchanged since a very long time ago. THey do have mountain bike pedals aswell and those the same, they havent changed the cleat design either.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
Wonder if the cleat for this new pedal is compatible with other time line up, because usually they redisign even the cleats making all of the other stuff guys have non useable, new shoes... etc etc...

That was the main reason i never went to expresos or even i-clic road pedals, or I was going to swap the pedals in all my bikes or stay with what I had. At least at my budget was a no no... the other problem is that for example the i-clic at the begining did not have too good reviews due to quality issues.

At the end moved to keywins which kept their design unchanged since a very long time ago. THey do have mountain bike pedals aswell and those the same, they havent changed the cleat design either.
The article said it would use normal atac cleats
Old 10-10-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post

Time's stuck with the iClic cleat design for a decade now. I doubt it's going anywhere any time soon.