Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-18-2018, 06:12 PM

Shop in Park City?

Looking for a good shop in Park City. Both road (harder to find) and MTB. Plus if speaks Campy.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:12 PM

Hmm......

There's two shops I can think of. One is Jans and the other I think is Cole Sports. I've been in both several times. If I remember correctly Jans is more of the bike store. I live about an hour away so I honestly can't speak to how good they are. They are both in the same area of town so easy to visit both at the same time.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:20 PM

Not really answering your question, but...I would recommend that you head down the hill to SLC and visit Contender at 9th/9th. It's one of the best shops in the US and is fluent in Campagnolo. I don't think you have any hope for finding true Campy expertise in PC -- it's a MTB town through and through.

I had a bit of decent luck using White Pine Touring for road bike needs.

Again, Contender is well worth the investment in gas.

Good luck and say hi to Guardsman's Pass for me! Brendan
Old 06-18-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Quirk View Post
Not really answering your question, but...I would recommend that you head down the hill to SLC and visit Contender at 9th/9th. It's one of the best shops in the US and is fluent in Campagnolo. I don't think you have any hope for finding true Campy expertise in PC -- it's a MTB town through and through.
Contender actually just opened up a second store in Park City about a month ago! Just up the road from Canyons ski resort — 1352 White Pine Canyon Road.

Definitely agree though that Contender is THE shop to visit when in Utah. I haven’t been to the one in Park City since I now live out of state so I don’t know if that one caters more to the MTB crowd, but the shop in Salt Lake is truly top notch and they cater to the Campy crowd better than any other shop I’ve been to. Pretty sure they are also the biggest dealer for Time bikes in the US, so lots of really good-looking frames to lust after while you’re visiting.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:19 PM

[QUOTE=hoj;2382584]Contender actually just opened up a second store in Park City about a month ago! Just up the road from Canyons ski resort — 1352 White Pine Canyon Road.

+1 for Contender Bicycles. Definitely check them out at the Park City location.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:52 PM

Well I don't normally use Contender myself. But they are the shop I used to do the actual purchase of the NOS Giordana XL Super I found at the Gita Warehouse. They were great to work with on this buy and seemed to have a really nice shop.

They did love the bike and even did a blog article on it.

https://contenderbicycles.com/classi...-superleggero/