Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2018, 06:56 AM

Great post. Like others many of the points brought up served to remind me of various things that I tend to do. Helping turtles, stopping to offer help other cyclists, waving at all other cyclists and actually feeling guilty if I'm zoned and don't see them till they've passed. And a big one for me is that ESPECIALLY on the narrow roads I ride is to give a thumbs up and wave vehicles coming up behind me to pass. The way I figure it is that if the driver is having a s****y day and I do this he/she will at least see that not everyone's a jacka$$. I've pretty much gotten to the point where I'm NOT going to be an a**hole unless it's the last possible option because that negative energy just sucks.

Oh just remembered another one is that there's a MUP that I use a fair amount to get to open areas and there's always little kids wobbling on their bikes etc. I always give them a big thumbs up when passing the other way. I also give them and people that may not be as aware a W I D E berth. For me that stretch of my ride is just to get settled in and moving.

Again great post thanks for putting it up

Last edited by parris; 06-18-2018 at 07:00 AM.