Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds (Cycling Products)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4546  
Old 05-16-2020, 05:20 AM
Kyle h Kyle h is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 574
Small-ish $850 Gaulzetti Corsa

https://www.facebook.com/groups/onli...80702822045112
__________________
FF #537 - Love #3 - S-Works SL6
Reply With Quote
  #4547  
Old 05-16-2020, 09:58 AM
cinema cinema is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,092
this has been listed for a while and he's slowly coming down on price. anyone have any info on the ride qualities of these? I had a fierte which i loved but this geo supplied seems unusually relaxed. if it's accurate it's as lax or more than a cross bike with race size chainstays. https://www.ebay.com/itm/15393030123...m=153930301236

Last edited by cinema; 05-16-2020 at 10:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4548  
Old 05-16-2020, 10:48 AM
KarlC KarlC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: San Diego CA
Posts: 2,523
Allied Alfa 58cm / Campy - $2400

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik...124996306.html

Up for sale is a 58cm Allied Alfa Team Rwanda road bike. This model is the non-disc Alfa and was used for a race during the 2018 race season - it has around 500 miles on it. The bike is in excellent condition.

MADE HERE ... if you’re unfamiliar with the Allied story, take a minute to read the link below. I personally know some folks associated with Allied and their commitment to making the best frames here in America is admirable. Read the link below:
https://alliedcycleworks.com/pages/made-here

GEOMETRY (note that this bike for sale is the caliper brake frame set):
https://alliedcycleworks.com/collect...-disc-frameset

HIGHLIGHTS:
- 58cm Made in USA carbon frame
- 11 Speed Campagnolo Chorus groupset
- FSA carbon headset
- Reynolds Assault Carbon Wheelset
- Vittoria Corsa tires (tubular)
- Sella Italia Novus seat w/ Zipp seat post

The frame is in excellent condition (9.5/10). There is one small chip below the seat post (see photo) and a small amount of cable rub, but otherwise this blue color pops! Team Rwanda dressing on the frame, a cool tribute to the African nation.

I am affiliated with a race that happens annually in the Midwest (the Tulsa Tough) and was given the opportunity to purchase this bike from an Allied associated bike shop in Little Rock, Arkansas (Allied’s headquarters/manufacturing). In the end, the frame is just too large for me and after several adjustments, I haven’t been able to make it fit. I’m also 44 years old and don’t ‘lay down’ like I used to I am 6’ with a 32” pant inseam.

$2,400 ... Venmo or PayPal or Zelle. This build would retail for $7,000+, so here’s a chance to own a fantastic USA made frame at hella price.

Send me an email and I’ll respond quickly. Thanks for looking.

.
__________________
SL6 / SPEEDVAGEN Road
Reply With Quote
  #4549  
Old 05-16-2020, 11:17 AM
m_moses's Avatar
m_moses m_moses is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sugar Land, Texas
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlC View Post
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik...124996306.html

Up for sale is a 58cm Allied Alfa Team Rwanda road bike. This model is the non-disc Alfa and was used for a race during the 2018 race season - it has around 500 miles on it. The bike is in excellent condition.

MADE HERE ... if you’re unfamiliar with the Allied story, take a minute to read the link below. I personally know some folks associated with Allied and their commitment to making the best frames here in America is admirable. Read the link below:
https://alliedcycleworks.com/pages/made-here

GEOMETRY (note that this bike for sale is the caliper brake frame set):
https://alliedcycleworks.com/collect...-disc-frameset

HIGHLIGHTS:
- 58cm Made in USA carbon frame
- 11 Speed Campagnolo Chorus groupset
- FSA carbon headset
- Reynolds Assault Carbon Wheelset
- Vittoria Corsa tires (tubular)
- Sella Italia Novus seat w/ Zipp seat post

The frame is in excellent condition (9.5/10). There is one small chip below the seat post (see photo) and a small amount of cable rub, but otherwise this blue color pops! Team Rwanda dressing on the frame, a cool tribute to the African nation.

I am affiliated with a race that happens annually in the Midwest (the Tulsa Tough) and was given the opportunity to purchase this bike from an Allied associated bike shop in Little Rock, Arkansas (Allied’s headquarters/manufacturing). In the end, the frame is just too large for me and after several adjustments, I haven’t been able to make it fit. I’m also 44 years old and don’t ‘lay down’ like I used to I am 6’ with a 32” pant inseam.

$2,400 ... Venmo or PayPal or Zelle. This build would retail for $7,000+, so here’s a chance to own a fantastic USA made frame at hella price.

Send me an email and I’ll respond quickly. Thanks for looking.

.

What a deal!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Mick

My blog and Instagram
Reply With Quote
  #4550  
Old 05-16-2020, 11:26 AM
echappist echappist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,713
Another Size 54 Moots S&S Coupled frame on ebay

Frame only, this time. $2400

No complete geometry though

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Moots-Vamoo...EAAOSwVStevzg4
Reply With Quote
  #4551  
Old 05-16-2020, 11:29 AM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 13,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_moses View Post
What a deal!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
For sure. If I wasn't deep in Dogma land, I'd have jumped on it a while ago - that Allied Alfa is one of the best framesets I've ridden.
Reply With Quote
  #4552  
Old 05-16-2020, 01:17 PM
rallizes rallizes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,175
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik...124841542.html



1988 Stan Johnson frame is #104 built with Henry James lugs and true temper tubes painted by Cycle Art. Frame size is 49cm square, with 650c wheels.

$800
Reply With Quote
  #4553  
Old 05-16-2020, 04:42 PM
fellowsun fellowsun is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 71
A fascinating Capricorn rando: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Capricorn-5...0AAOSwdHteqXrO
Reply With Quote
  #4554  
Old 05-16-2020, 04:45 PM
ahsere ahsere is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Medford, MA
Posts: 301
Spirit tubing Viner Record, new

It's a little too big for me but I have been coming back to see the pics... modern classic through and through.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/56cm-Viner-....c100667.m2042
Reply With Quote
  #4555  
Old 05-16-2020, 05:15 PM
sailorboy sailorboy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dresher PA
Posts: 2,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan View Post
I would probably buy this if I still lived in Albany. The owner has clearly made a mess of the stem and handlebars, but that can be put right in a moment. Also, it's unlikely that this was stolen given Bolton Landing and the home in the background.

https://albany.craigslist.org/bik/d/...124828440.html

Unbelievably bad fit...how could you not sell that bike? Could you even safely ride that the way it's set up??
Reply With Quote
  #4556  
Old 05-16-2020, 05:22 PM
RobJ RobJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsere View Post
It's a little too big for me but I have been coming back to see the pics... modern classic through and through.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/56cm-Viner-....c100667.m2042

I saw that one and it is quite beautiful. One thing though is the description is almost word for word from a guy who posted the same thing in the Fall 2019 on both BikeRadar and Retrobike

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/vie...?f=23&t=402659
https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussi...-italian-steel

Different bike and the guy was in the UK. Maybe the guy on eBay just grabbed it for a colorful description. But both happen to have been built with Ultegra?? On a classic Italian bike??


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4557  
Old 05-16-2020, 05:45 PM
mhespenheide mhespenheide is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Winchendon, MA
Posts: 3,829
Serotta F1 fork in Brooklyn, if anyone's looking:
https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/b...122436758.html



280mm steerer, $150.
Reply With Quote
  #4558  
Old 05-16-2020, 06:15 PM
charliedid's Avatar
charliedid charliedid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy View Post
Unbelievably bad fit...how could you not sell that bike? Could you even safely ride that the way it's set up??
Well, I think the owner is struggling to get comfortable on the bike so I'd probably cut him/her some slack.

That said it does not give a great impression to the potential buyer of a bike like this but should be able to look past it.

Cool bike
Reply With Quote
  #4559  
Old 05-16-2020, 06:28 PM
m_sasso's Avatar
m_sasso m_sasso is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
Well, I think the owner is struggling to get comfortable on the bike so I'd probably cut him/her some slack.

That said it does not give a great impression to the potential buyer of a bike like this but should be able to look past it.

Cool bike
Likely just a toy buyer, isn't the blue scooter in the background one of those exercise vehicles you use in the neighbourhood to be seen on and not really get anywhere.
__________________
Marc Sasso
Not apart of the resin revolution!
Reply With Quote
  #4560  
Old 05-16-2020, 06:39 PM
charliedid's Avatar
charliedid charliedid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_sasso View Post
Likely just a toy buyer, isn't the blue scooter in the background one of those exercise vehicles you use in the neighbourhood to be seen on and not really get anywhere.
No, it's a Park work stand.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.