Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-13-2019, 12:00 PM

Bike rental suggestions for Amantea, Calabria

Hello, my friend is traveling to Italy on Wednesday and is interested in possibly renting a 52cm quality road bike for 4 days vs packing up his Ritchey Break Away & Travel case.

Of the bike rentals he has found all are MTB.

Thanks for looking and suggestions! Ciao!

TR
Old 09-13-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomNY View Post
Hello, my friend is traveling to Italy on Wednesday and is interested in possibly renting a 52cm quality road bike for 4 days vs packing up his Ritchey Break Away & Travel case.

Of the bike rentals he has found all are MTB.

Thanks for looking and suggestions! Ciao!

TR
Curious, why doesn’t he want to take the Ritchey? I’m currently in Annecy, France (spectacular, thanks for recommending it 572cv!) with my Ritchey Break Away and traveling with it was hassle free plus I’m riding my bike, a bike I know that fits me perfectly. We’re here for two week so it really makes economic sense given how much good road bikes rent for. If I was here for just a few days or was only looking to do 2-3 days of riding, I could see where renting might be more practical.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy View Post
Curious, why doesn’t he want to take the Ritchey? I’m currently in Annecy, France (spectacular, thanks for recommending it 572cv!) with my Ritchey Break Away and traveling with it was hassle free plus I’m riding my bike, a bike I know that fits me perfectly. We’re here for two week so it really makes economic sense given how much good road bikes rent for. If I was here for just a few days or was only looking to do 2-3 days of riding, I could see where renting might be more practical.

He-s only able to ride 4 days out of 14, renting Fiat 500. Suitcases etc. Bike segment is later in travels around Italy. GF in front seat with stuff too.

TR