Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-22-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsocks View Post
Well. The seller didn’t even get back to me or try to even discuss a partial refund. Or even replace the bar which was damaged.
Not even an apology or a rectification...

Just sent me the RMA, to send back the bike.
Guess she’s going back, can’t pack her up in time to get her out today, tomm they are closed. So I guess Friday I’m sending her back.

I guess live and let live. Kinda blows. I really like this model.
What a crap experience though. Would have preferred if the seller and I could have worked something out. Nothing. Crazy. When did LBS’s become like this. No civility between people.

Oh well.
In the short run it feels like a bummer to you, but given the seller's response full return at their cost is most likely the best thing in this situation. Who knows what else was being hidden. A better one will come up.

And, once the seller receives the frame, don't forget to leave very clear (i.e. bye-bye 100% positive) eBay feedback....
Old 11-22-2017, 04:24 PM

To those saying "oh if it's not too bad just keep it" - if there's one thing wrong there's probably more things wrong.

OP make sure you take a LOT of pictures of the bike and how you pack it to return it. Make sure everything in the return is at the seller's expense.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:27 PM

Hope everything goes perfect in the return, put insurance and a tracking number to it ok?

Sellers expense?? at this point IMO is not even worth the OPs time to fight to get that back, but I think he must ask the ebay people.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:40 PM
Small ring

Take good pictures of it in the box, and how it is packed.

Cover all your bases, dot your I's, etc.

Hope there is a good resolution.
Quote:
Well. The seller didn’t even get back to me or try to even discuss a partial refund. Or even replace the bar which was damaged.

Guess she’s going back, can’t pack her up in time to get her out today, tomm they are closed. So I guess Friday I’m sending her back.

What a crap experience though. Would have preferred if the seller and I could have worked something out. Nothing. Crazy. When did LBS’s become like this. No civility between people.

Oh well.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:10 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Dude. SO SO TRUE!! Said so Fuc*king well!!!
It’s a mixed bag of emotions. Feels really weird. I don’t like it at all.

Wow, I’m really impressed, I’ve been trying to actually say what you just did and I haven’t been able to find the words. On the dot.
on the bright side, you get to do it again... I know its annoying BUT you get to shop for a new bike ALL OVER AGAIN
Old 11-22-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
on the bright side, you get to do it again... I know its annoying BUT you get to shop for a new bike ALL OVER AGAIN
R3awak3n, your inner weisan is showing itself again (except of course weisan's own onner weisan actually buys every single bicycle it sees)....

Old 11-22-2017, 06:26 PM

Send it back

Send it back and move on-

I had a similar incident with a vehicle that I bought online.
The vehicle was a 2014 BMW X3 with 44k miles on it-

I was super excited when I bought- Not so much after it was delivered.
It had numerous scratches that were not disclosed, two small dents, curb rash on wheels, and it was without the backup cam that specs said it had-

I tried to negotiate with the person who helped me with the sale- But they shined me for over a week. Just a lot of "I will get back to you."
I got jumpy and contacted the GM at the dealership- I told him that I was open to a partial refund so I could fix the damage and get a backup cam.
He wouldn't budge- He said "take it as is, or we will take it back."
I accepted his offer for a full refund (to his credit they quickly came through on it- didn't mess about).

A few days later I found the same vehicle in a different color with only 30k miles on it- It is a way better vehicle for me.

The moral of my story is "be happy with your refund and move on to a bike that will be better for you."
You would never be happy with this scratched up bike- You would think about it every time you looked at one of the scratches-
Old 11-22-2017, 06:28 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
R3awak3n, your inner weisan is showing itself again (except of course weisan's own onner weisan actually buys every single bicycle it sees)....

lol. I mean, after having to send 2 bikes back and then having 2 of my personal bikes crack, you just gotta smile about the situation and really let your inner Weisan shine!
Old 11-22-2017, 06:55 PM

Contrarian view here-you bought what you admit is an 8k bike for 50% of that and didn't expect that something was going on? Now, there may have been some misrepresentation, but you had reason to be on notice of same. Ask for a refund, and if the seller is honorable he'll grant you one, but you got 4k worth of bike. It wasn't robbery.

You knew I was a snake...(old parable)
Old 11-23-2017, 07:12 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:

Oh well.
Haven't read all the posts but LBS a tough biz but the owner should be smart enough to advertise an ebay sale accurately. AND recognize bad info about them, in this day and age, propagates quickly.

You need to mention the LBS so another dfoesn't have to go thru this(maybe you did, again, haven't read all the posts)...
Old 11-23-2017, 07:37 AM
Lanterne rouge

Bummer.
I looked at the auction. Definately not as described.

I agree with others, call out the shop. I dont understand the mentality of protecting a shop that trys to hoodwink a buyer. Call them out.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glepore View Post
Contrarian view here-you bought what you admit is an 8k bike for 50% of that and didn't expect that something was going on? Now, there may have been some misrepresentation, but you had reason to be on notice of same. Ask for a refund, and if the seller is honorable he'll grant you one, but you got 4k worth of bike. It wasn't robbery.
Eh? You're talking utter bollocks.

The bike may well have been 8k at RRP, but the market decided it was worth 4k as that's the amount it got bid up to.

If the seller had advertised it accurately, then it may have only sold for 3k or 2k etc.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:47 PM

Have you ever seen a complete F8 sell for 3k? I totally get the "not as described" funk - but this was still a very, very good deal. Probably why the shop didn't argue about the refund. I wouldn't discount it any further if I was selling.

Edit: also, the final sale price was $3650 shipped! That's a smoking deal! And IMO it is super obvious in photos that the bike had been ridden. Wear on the crank and dirty drive train. They messed up in the ad but I'm sure this bike can sell again for the same price or higher even listed as used. I'd say ride the damn thing. Part it out later if you don't like it.
It doesn't look like the shop typed anything in the description. Simple cut and paste from the Pina website. So if anything, I'd say they're guilty of being lazy.

Last edited by Imaking20; 11-23-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:19 PM
aka RAEKWON

they should have included more pictures of the wear and def say its used. It is a decent deal but OP says scratches in the frame which we do not know how bad they are.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:29 PM
Mr.Chicken Legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicli View Post
Bummer.
I looked at the auction. Definately not as described.

I agree with others, call out the shop. I dont understand the mentality of protecting a shop that trys to hoodwink a buyer. Call them out.
I'll 100% post who the bike shop is once this is all over. I don't want there to be an issue with my refund.

And to some of the posters who say this is a smoking good deal on a Dogma F8, yes you are right. Its still a great price on a great bike, regardless of the damage to it. But Thats not the point.

When I go to my LBS, and Look at bikes, most of the high end rigs there that are "New" Have been test ridden by customers and obviously not bought. Hell some of them have even been borrowed by customers for the weekend and cleaned up...I'm 100% cool with that because the LBS generally takes care of their customers after the fact. Specially when you spend a large sum of cash on a high end bike.

The issue I'm having isn't if this is a good deal, which it still is and why it still hurts, its the Dishonesty. I paid for this bike knowing what the pictures looked like, Thats not the issue. Its when opening up the box and looking at a bike that was different than what I paid for. I examined the pictures closely and I was/am cool with them. I trusted that the seller, which is SOMEONE's LBS, that they would be honest. Regardless if its a good deal or not isn't the issue. Its about integrity and honesty. Even an apology would have been sufficient.

I hold cyclists to a higher standard than I do other people. I have no issue protecting the left of a new cyclist while they get used to being on the road. Ive driven many of Cyclist friends and not friends to the E.R after an accident. Having to explain to their pissed off and scared wives what happened. I've helped many cyclists from the beginning of their journey in this sport. As well as cyclists that helped me too...This is a Group Effort, built on love and honesty.

Its integrity that I value in my fellow cyclists.

Ive ridden with a lot of folks on this forum, opened my doors to our home and shared sandwiches and coffee with them after a morning ride. And others have done the same for me wherever I've been around the world. I hold this very dearly.

So I feel really let down right now. I actually really love this rig, I haven't bought a new rig in 8 years and this was my first attempt at doing so. Cycling to me is an emotional thing, and this was an emotional purchase. Thats it. I am honest to anyone here, when I've sold something, and If I messed that up I would go OUT OF MY WAY, to make that better.

I'd hope the seller would have done the same in this manner. But they Obviously didn't.

Paceline is a phenomenal place unlike any that I've encountered online. You folks taught me a long time ago and helped solidify my perspective on what it is to be a cyclist.