Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-13-2019, 11:30 AM
Administrator

I have one and have considered getting more many times but just haven't done it. Even come up with some of my own designs that I would use. With a design and art background I have an appreciation for a lot of the tattoo art I've seen. I can also be truthful and say I've seen some I personally think are hideous. I'm not into face or neck tats myself but to each their own.

W.

Last edited by William; 12-13-2019 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:59 AM
I need you cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtakeda View Post

For me it’s a constant reminder of my commitment to an alternative lifestyle choice away from the status quo.....
Is it really "alternative" if everyone is doing it?

Enjoy: You are all individuals!

Full disclosure...no tattoos here, never felt a need, I can appreciate good or meaningful ones, face and neck ones are distracting to me (my problem?)...I figure if that is your thing, go ahead with eyes wide open to how it may limit you in society.

Cheers.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Is it really "alternative" if everyone is doing it?

Enjoy: You are all individuals!

Full disclosure...no tattoos here, never felt a need, I can appreciate good or meaningful ones, face and neck ones are distracting to me (my problem?)...I figure if that is your thing, go ahead with eyes wide open to how it may limit you in society.

Cheers.
I’m not talking about a cute infinity sign or a small thing here or there. I understand what you’re saying, there are a lot of folks with tattoos these days.

I live in a big city and I still think it’s uncommon to see people with tattoos across their whole body

Last edited by jtakeda; 12-13-2019 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:28 PM
mentholated

jtakeda is a PUNK not a POSER. see you in the pit.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:30 PM
I need you cool.

Quote:
I’m not talking about a cute infinity sign or a small thing here or there. I understand what you’re saying, there are a lot of folks with tattoos these days.

I live in a big city and I still think it’s uncommon to see people with tattoos across their whole body
I know what you meant as well.....just giving you some good natured ribbing.

Old 12-13-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you need to learn about tattoos a little more, especially the origins and traditional methods.
I’m guessing you meant to have your comment be a joke but it underscores your lack of understanding in the subject. Furthermore, as a health care professional it should be your duty to try and understand and sympathize/empathize with your patient and not mock them.

And we wonder why stigmatized groups of people don’t seek healthcare....
Wow. Overreact much?
Old 12-13-2019, 12:45 PM

I’d say it’s still pretty alt considering how many dumb comments tattooed people get from normies. I’m glad I get to wear a suit at bar association events.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoti View Post
Wow. Overreact much?
Yes. I was making an example of your experience with the needles and I could’ve been much softer about that than hard and critical.

I apologize, but the point I was trying to make is there are other ways to get tattoos, Tebori, traditional Borneo tattooing etc. So i understand you were pointing out the hypocrisy but there is a lot culture and tradition ingrained in tattoo culture so if you don’t fully understand it maybe try to learn about it rather than make a comment making fun of the people.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Some do, some don't..a good artist is essential. There ARE a lot of ugly tattoos but also some amazing ones, IMHO.
They are nice but, get back to me when the years have caused the inevitable skin sag or weight gain.

Tim
Old 12-13-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Yes. I was making an example of your experience with the needles and I could’ve been much softer about that than hard and critical.

I apologize, but the point I was trying to make is there are other ways to get tattoos, Tebori, traditional Borneo tattooing etc. So i understand you were pointing out the hypocrisy but there is a lot culture and tradition ingrained in tattoo culture so if you don’t fully understand it maybe try to learn about it rather than make a comment making fun of the people.
Not meaning to point out hypocrisy, because I wouldn't call it that. It's more that somethings are not an issue & others, that might require similar things (needles) are. It's like I catch myself constantly balking over paying $100 for stuff in my house, but $100 for new tires? Sure!
No offense meant. I apologize if it was taken.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:10 PM

As an FYI to you or significant other, good acquaintance working at a high end restaurant in Park City, NO visible tatoos allowed. she has a few minor ones and slipped through.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveandbarb1 View Post
As an FYI to you or significant other, good acquaintance working at a high end restaurant in Park City, NO visible tatoos allowed. she has a few minor ones and slipped through.
Park City is full of Mormons and it’s a low wage service job that purports to be for career oriented food service professionals (welcome to working at high end restaurants). Not surprised.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:55 PM

This came across my feed...

A tattoo of a recent Browns/Steelers skirmish that resulted in an indefinite suspension.

Tackier than hell. Tribalism run amok.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BrownsandSteelers.jpg (97.7 KB, 69 views)