Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-02-2015, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfox View Post
Yes, as long his feet were in the end zone when he caught it, which I think they were. Rookie mistake that Belichick will remind him of in a couple of weeks.
I don't think that was such a rookie mistake. His momentum was going forward and it would not have been that easy for him to tell exactly where he was compared to the end zone. It is not like he was trying to run it out from 5 yards deep.

Jeff
Old 02-02-2015, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Like I said earlier in this inflated thread, I was mostly on the fence on this one. That said, quite a game and the Patriots deserved that win imo. Seattle fought them all the way. Not much more that I can say that hasn't already been said.

Now, did this really happen?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/america...-1227205064347

I remember the touchdown, and then they were talking about an unsportsman like penalty and I remember thinking... "What just happened?". If so,,,,REALLY?!?!? C'mon guys, you're better than that.

William
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Poop.jpg (76.8 KB, 145 views)
Old 02-02-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb01742 View Post
I'm glad Seattle jumped offside but no QB is better than Brady at a QB sneak. According to the NYT, he's run sneaks 115 times and gotten a first down or TD 105 times, a 91.3% success rate. Glad he didn't need to but the odds were in Pats' favor.

The 91.3% is not accurate here (way too low) as he did not need to gain any yards. He could have lost 1/4 yard each play.

Jeff
Old 02-02-2015, 07:59 AM
needs adult supervision

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwdm View Post
The 91.3% is not accurate here (way too low) as he did not need to gain any yards. He could have lost 1/4 yard each play.

Jeff
True, I just meant that taking a knee wasn't their intent. A QB sneak was their best option, whether it gained anything or not. The goal was just not to lose yardage. What the stat illustrates in Brady rarely loses yardage.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:59 AM
ergottWheels

I'm no Katie Perry fan, but her show's visuals were far better/more entertaining than any previous half time show I can remember. What they can do with lighting is incredible. The tiger she came in on was really wild.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:00 AM
Peter Pan Oath adherent

Yes the Baldwin penalty/celebration happened

The announcing crew only stated that there was a penalty for excessive celebration but it was not shown

I am guessing the 5-7 second delay they use helped

BK

Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:02 AM
Adam/SerottaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Like I said earlier in this inflated thread, I was mostly on the fence on this one. That said, quite a game and the Patriots deserved that win imo. Seattle fought them all the way. Not much more that I can say that hasn't already been said.

Now, did this really happen?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/america...-1227205064347

I remember the touchdown, and then they were talking about an unsportsman like penalty and I remember thinking... "What just happened?". If so,,,,REALLY?!?!? C'mon guys, you're better than that.

William
Stay classy, Seattle.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:04 AM
Carbon-loving lifeform

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergott View Post
I'm no Katie Perry fan, but her show's visuals were far better/more entertaining than any previous half time show I can remember. What they can do with lighting is incredible. The tiger she came in on was really wild.
I found the staging creative and visually impressive, but the whole was not really entertaining, IMO, because it lacked heart. Corporate pop was the phrase that came to mind. And I thought the audience reaction sounds were canned, not actual, as a crowd of football fans would not go "ooooh!" at the point when 13-year-old girls might be expected to.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Adam/SerottaFan

Agree. The halftime show was boring. Watched my wife and children and everyone asked: "what was that?"

Give me the US Military band rocking like the video that was posted here a while back with a great pop/rock star who is a singer/performer and it will be 100x more interesting.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1centaur View Post
I found the staging creative and visually impressive, but the whole was not really entertaining, IMO, because it lacked heart. Corporate pop was the phrase that came to mind. And I thought the audience reaction sounds were canned, not actual, as a crowd of football fans would not go "ooooh!" at the point when 13-year-old girls might be expected to.
The world is rapidly running out of decent acts that aren't corporate pop and who aren't washed up, aged (not aging) rock stars.

I bet they go with a bit of a medley of corporate country stars next year.... I'm not really a fan but I think a lot of people would love a Keith Urban, Garth Brooks, Miranda Lambert, etc show.

Not too much left to say. I'm watching Mike & Mike and they are getting boring showing the same interception over and over and over again. The catch before the interception was incredible too. There were a ton of great plays in the game.

But I still think the most interesting part of the game, and undiscussed, are the handful of seconds after the interception, with the penalty I referred to and the big fight, etc.

I told my buddy that it wasn't going to be over until the final whistle blew! What a game!
Old 02-02-2015, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Leading up to the game they kept hyping the fact that Lenny Kravitz was going to be playing the show as well...he came out, then he was gone? Missy (who the heck is Missy???) got way more air time.

William
Old 02-02-2015, 08:11 AM
needs adult supervision

How do you hide lip synching? Fly around on a Jetson's platform.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwdm View Post
I don't think that was such a rookie mistake. His momentum was going forward and it would not have been that easy for him to tell exactly where he was compared to the end zone. It is not like he was trying to run it out from 5 yards deep.

Jeff
He was not in the end zone at interception. At least one foot down before crossing goal line. Rules place it at site of interception if momentum carries into end zone.
https://vine.co/v/OtEnQBwOP9t
Old 02-02-2015, 08:21 AM

Classics cycling season cant get here fast enuf
Old 02-02-2015, 08:27 AM

I for one am glad the Seahawks lost. Seem like a bunch of classless jerks, except for Wilson and maybe a few others. Pooping a football for a TD celebration? Really? And the fight at the end. UGH. And this tireless media thing with Lynch. You can't take 5 minutes to answer some questions? You hate the media and such but you have no problem doing commercials. Please just go away.