Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-2020, 09:47 PM

Pegoretti Bike & Paint Scheme Names

I'm curious if there is a good source or sources that explain the inspiration for Dario's bike and paint scheme names. One of my favorites is "Catch the Spider." In an interview, Dario referred to his cancer metaphorically as a spider inside of him. I can't find the original interview (or was in in his Smoked Out thread ath?). Thelonious refers to Thelonius Monk. The Big Leg Emma is a reference to the Zappa song, and Day is Done is a song written by Nick Drake. Here is an explanation of the "Why not?" paint scheme:

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=229524

If you are aware of a source, especially if the explanation came directly from Dario himself, please post it.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:46 PM

When Dario painted my Crumpton frame, he asked me what kind of paint job I wanted, I said I would leave it totally up to him, with my sole stipulation being that it be upbeat, happy and "sunny".

To which he responded "ti faccio un brasileiro" ["I'll make you a Brazilian"], so both of us always called the paint scheme "brasileiro". I don't know if the paint job is totally unique or if he ever used similar elements on other frames.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:47 PM
il Curmudgeoni

Responsorium is an album by Argentine musician Dino Saluzzi.

Marcelo was named after his father.

There is some color info here - https://www.bikyle.com/Pegoretti_color_options.htm
Old 07-29-2020, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampyer View Post
I'm curious if there is a good source or sources that explain the inspiration for Dario's bike and paint scheme names. One of my favorites is "Catch the Spider." In an interview, Dario referred to his cancer metaphorically as a spider inside of him. I can't find the original interview (or was in in his Smoked Out thread ath?). Thelonious refers to Thelonius Monk. The Big Leg Emma is a reference to the Zappa song, and Day is Done is a song written by Nick Drake. Here is an explanation of the "Why not?" paint scheme:

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=229524

If you are aware of a source, especially if the explanation came directly from Dario himself, please post it.
Write to the importer GITA Bike, to Nelson Frazier there, and ask them. They have the Pegoretti color scheme libraries for every year, and can also give the brief stories of the names, etc.

Many reference music lyrics, but some probably have no logical or linear reason.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:31 AM

My favorite is the 'I don't give a flcuke' bike.