Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Strong Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post
?? What are all those fancy features? I've always thought BMW's were lacking in frivolous stuff compared to others. Pretty much just basic cars. Heck, seems like my F-150 Lariat has more "fancy features" than my Bimmer, just sayin'.

Jeremy would be so dissapointed in you. "Now, it would not be fair to say that Jeremy Clarkson loves every car that BMW makes even though it might seem that way as he considers the brand as a godsend and everything they come up with is a gift."
i don't necessarily share my cousins views about specific cars... About bimmers, the last time i looked closely at all the available extras was when they were an option for amy next company car, and i stopped looking when i found out they charged extra for stuff like electric windows or adjustable steering columns in their premium 5-series.
As far as i know, they have features now like electronic handbrakes, auto-dimming right side rear view mirror, gesture control for the dispaly which for some reason requires me to also purchase the park control. It also can have ambient lights supporting 32 mio colour variants, small servo engines that help me shut the door, a car key that knows how much fuel is left, and little speakers that provide customized engine noise to the inhabitants. all vital i understand from the glossy print

My Subi, on the other hand, has a manual parking brake lever, and to dim the rear view mirror, i flip a mechanical switch, both of which will continue to do so regardless what firmware version is loaded. Of the small comforts i enjoy having on my side, the adaptive cruise control, lane assist and emergency braking, or the 4wd, i not only have them, but they are the best available. I even can identify certain parts of the engine under the hood because they are not hidden underneath a plastic "hands off you loser warranty void if removed" cover.

Last edited by martl; 12-10-2019 at 09:40 AM.