Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-22-2018, 07:15 AM

Kitsbow anyone?

I got a nice paper catalog from them and I like a few of the pieces, particularly the shorts.
I searched and found only a few mentions in the past.
Anyone using it? Talk to me.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:32 AM

I have a couple of the merino pieces and really like them. I’m a sweaty person so finding the right mix of clothes for an MTB ride is always a challenge — you’re stopping and starting a lot more than on the road so for me temperature regulation is a real problem, especially in the spring and fall at elevation. The merino sweatshirt in particular has been a revelation for this and held up over two long seasons of abuse (and too-infrequent washing).

Construction is solid, nothing too flashy from a design-perspective, and so far they’ve held up like champs. Customer service has also been awesome, too — replaced a henley that had a busted snap 14 months after I purchased it, no questions asked. I haven’t tried the shorts, but have been very happy with everything I’ve purchased.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:21 AM

Kitsbow seems to be making good product. I ordered some bib shorts and thought the materials and design were outstanding. Though the shorts where pretty long for my short femurs even after sizing down. That said, the stuff is really nice, so kudos if you are built to fit it.

Instagram
Old 05-22-2018, 10:29 AM

Their gloves are my favorite gloves ever, hands down. I wear them for MTB, CX, even road rides on cool mornings.

I have a pair of their last generation of MTB shorts too. They're pretty much flawless and I wear them on 2-3 rides every week. I got them as a present and probably would never have shelled out the MSRP of $265 for a pair of shorts but the quality of the shorts and gloves leads me to believe that their other products should be just as well-designed and made. Their Icon shirt is on my Christmas list this year.

Last edited by sandyrs; 05-22-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrs View Post
Their gloves are my favorite gloves ever, hands down. I wear them for MTB, CX, even road rides on cool mornings.

I have a pair of their last generation of MTB shorts too. They're pretty much flawless and I wear them on 2-3 rides every week. I got them as a present and probably would never have shelled out the MSRP of $265 for a pair of shorts but the quality of the shorts and gloves leads me to believe that their other products should be just as well-designed and made.
The MTB shorts (indulge me, not familiar with this term), what do you wear under them? Or do they have some kind of inner liner?
Thanks.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky33 View Post
Kitsbow seems to be making good product. I ordered some bib shorts and thought the materials and design were outstanding. Though the shorts where pretty long for my short femurs even after sizing down. That said, the stuff is really nice, so kudos if you are built to fit it.
Funny. I have a set of M bibs (same I wear in every other brand) and they're on the shorter side for me compared to Rapha, Black Sheep, etc. They're nice shorts and they feel different from most other brands which is nice to mix things up. The bibs are very unobtrusive.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY rider View Post
The MTB shorts (indulge me, not familiar with this term), what do you wear under them? Or do they have some kind of inner liner?
Thanks.
I wear bib shorts under them. I like them because bib shorts alone look really ridiculous (IMO) with a looser-fitting top (I usually wear a Uniqlo Airism t shirt for trail rides), the pockets are super useful, and I can roll up to my office job in my trail riding clothes without a bunch of weird looks before it's my turn at the shower. The Kitsbow shorts also work well with knee pads, which I wear occasionally, and have proven very durable after several slide-outs.

Kitsbow makes a liner short, but I still prefer bibs because they're also an extra line of defense if my shirt rides up in the back

Last edited by sandyrs; 05-22-2018 at 12:31 PM.