Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-14-2020, 11:29 AM

Remember that international supply chains and logistics are a bit of a nightmare right now.

If they couldn't get stuff to you in a timely way pre-COVID, it ain't gonna be any better post-COVID.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:49 AM

Timely thread. Just cancelled my order. Gonna try Velotech as they promote 2 day shipping and provide free shipping and tracking. Let’s see how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2020, 11:56 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd View Post
I should've searched for this thread before ordering, I guess. Consensus is pretty unanimous.

I placed an order 4/27 that shipped 4/28. 5/14 and I still don't have it. Seems it went through customs in Chicago then made it's way to LA (oops, wrong way). They did send me a photo of the actual package, but the label doesn't show a USPS tracking number, though it seems that's the current carrier. Hasn't updated in a couple days. Seems the problem would be with USPS, but I wonder if it has to do anything with the foreign/atypical labeling.

BikeInn by ColonelJLloyd, on Flickr
I ordered something and took over a month to come, normally the last few times I got something from bikeinn took a week. The whole shipping logistics is effed obviously.

My order came from the netherlands and destination was upstate NY. Tracking stoped for a month and then all of a sudden it was in Portland, OR lol. Got here quick after that.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:03 PM

10-4. Thanks, Paulo. It is what it is. Stoked to try the Shimano Pro Stealth 152 (MTB version, I don't care for graphics/logos on bike parts) after reading Dave Kirk's review is all. Also bought the mount adapter so I can mount my new Varia to it. A boy wants to try his new toys.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:31 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
I should've searched for this thread before ordering, I guess. Consensus is pretty unanimous.

I placed an order 4/27 that shipped 4/28. 5/14 and I still don't have it. Seems it went through customs in Chicago then made it's way to LA (oops, wrong way). They did send me a photo of the actual package, but the label doesn't show a USPS tracking number, though it seems that's the current carrier. Hasn't updated in a couple days. Seems the problem would be with USPS, but I wonder if it has to do anything with the foreign/atypical labeling.

BikeInn by ColonelJLloyd, on Flickr
Quote:
10-4. Thanks, Paulo. It is what it is. Stoked to try the Shimano Pro Stealth 152 (MTB version, I don't care for graphics/logos on bike parts) after reading Dave Kirk's review is all. Also bought the mount adapter so I can mount my new Varia to it. A boy wants to try his new toys.

Oh I totally get that. Usually when I order from europe is stuff I don't immediately need but been surprised how quick it gets here. I bet it will get to you pretty soon now that the longest part of the process is over
Old 05-14-2020, 05:02 PM

FWIW, placed my first order with them early April for a SRAM crank bolt. I'm in Montreal, and assumed for no particular reason they were US-based. I just found them through a google search and they were the cheapest option with shipping to Canada.

They got it out the door pretty fast, but like an earlier post described, the package disappeared for about three weeks before popping up in Canada Post tracking as having been received by customs.

Finally turned up, no big deal, but under the circumstances I should have paid closer attention and order from somewhere closer to home. At least ehir customer service was very responsive, and it's cute that they give you a photo of your package on their own tracking page - makes it feel real.
Old 05-14-2020, 05:06 PM

I used them a year ago. A little slow but no problem.
Old 05-14-2020, 06:22 PM

I have used them many times with no issues.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:09 PM

Just received some end of season skis from their "snowinn" site. Took about a month. Long delay at customs, but everything worked fine. Since I wasn't in a rush, it was not a problem. Was referred by a friend who had a similar experience.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:16 PM

only order things you don't need in a hurry. In my case, new chainrings for the gf's bike. Ordered 05/09....still waiting on delivery
Old 05-14-2020, 08:38 PM

you got a long way to go

ordered mine 5/2...still waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJWS View Post
only order things you don't need in a hurry. In my case, new chainrings for the gf's bike. Ordered 05/09....still waiting on delivery
Old 05-14-2020, 08:47 PM

i know bikeinn uses DHL for shipping to the US. but has anyone been charged with custom duties and DHL fees for orders ABOVE $800?
Old 05-14-2020, 09:00 PM

Ordering from BikeInn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrt View Post
i know bikeinn uses DHL for shipping to the US. but has anyone been charged with custom duties and DHL fees for orders ABOVE $800?

I bought a frameset from Condor once and it shipped with DHL and I had to pay duties and fees.

I’ve not had bikeinn orders shipped with DHL. They’ve always arrived via USPS here to Maryland.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:03 PM

Ordered from them once. They took 10 days to ship but my order arrived quickly after that. I wanted a VAR tool and no domestic suppliers.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:57 PM

I ordered an item from Bikeinn, my experience is not ideal if you're trying to return the item for a refund.

This is going to be a long story, so better get some popcorns before reading.

1. Dec 14th, ordered a Mavic Speed Release front thru axle (12x100) since they have the best price on the web.
2. Received the order in less than two weeks. Good shipping.
3. Now here's where the fun starts, they sent me a 12x142 axle (rear) and when I told them about it, they replied that they sent the correct one. Went to check the invoice and it only said Mavic speed release axle.
4. When I pointed out that the invoice does not say the actual axle length/size and that I remember that I ordered the one for the front axle and suggested that someone must have sent the wrong item, my invoice on their website is now showing 12x142 (w**?, I work in IT so I kinda know what can be done on electronic info).
5. After several message exchange, good for them the accept the return but I'll have to shoulder shipping cost to return. AND they have a very strict instruction on how to send it back.
6. Returned the item and it stayed in Spain's customs from Jan 20th until the end of April and now it's being sent back to me. Every time I remind them that the items is held in customs their reply is that they did their part to submit all the necessary docs to their customs.