Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-23-2019, 01:25 PM

Ordering from BikeInn

Anyone every order from BikeInn.com?
Not the best reviews to be found. A quick glance shows complaints about slow delivery.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloo View Post
Anyone every order from BikeInn.com?
Not the best reviews to be found. A quick glance shows complaints about slow delivery.
Yes, no issues on a handful of orders. Normal order status provided and ships via DHL tracked shipment. I believe they originate from Girona, Spain.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:48 PM

Yes, delivery is sloooow. You need to sign for the package. I wasn't home and didn't get notification that they tried to deliver it. Retrieved it eventually, more than a month after I ordered.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:58 PM

I just checked my last order that had tracking still available and it was 12 days from order to receipt. On your order status they also sometimes include an actual picture of your package/label.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:08 PM

Fine

They're fine, but as I remember slow shipping. Expensive through DHL.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:17 PM

I've ordered from them a couple times with good experience. I can't remember the shipping times because typically when I order overseas, I'm not expecting fast shipping.

One of the orders had an issue that their customer service resolved quickly so there's that.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:17 PM

My one "order" from them was for an in-stock item which was later discovered to be out of stock. I didn't get notified until about a week after I ordered. I requested a refund, which was promptly provided.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:00 AM

I ordered from them about a year ago...yes they are slow! I think they took a week before they shipped my order...leads me to think they gather up orders, takes my money and go buy a bunch of stuff once a week and ships off the orders.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:36 AM

I should've searched for this thread before ordering, I guess. Consensus is pretty unanimous.

I placed an order 4/27 that shipped 4/28. 5/14 and I still don't have it. Seems it went through customs in Chicago then made it's way to LA (oops, wrong way). They did send me a photo of the actual package, but the label doesn't show a USPS tracking number, though it seems that's the current carrier. Hasn't updated in a couple days. Seems the problem would be with USPS, but I wonder if it has to do anything with the foreign/atypical labeling.

BikeInn by ColonelJLloyd, on Flickr
Old 05-14-2020, 09:49 AM

great prices on some stuff

currently waiting for GRX shifters. seemingly taking forever. but based on other evidence in this thread i need to exercise my patience. unfortunately i am missing that gene. they did show a photo of my package but the boat they sent it on is missing a sail so could be a while.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:51 AM

i do believe their tracking number can be input into USPS site

and you can see what usps is doing with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd View Post
I should've searched for this thread before ordering, I guess. Consensus is pretty unanimous.

I placed an order 4/27 that shipped 4/28. 5/14 and I still don't have it. Seems it went through customs in Chicago then made it's way to LA (oops, wrong way). They did send me a photo of the actual package, but the label doesn't show a USPS tracking number, though it seems that's the current carrier. Hasn't updated in a couple days. Seems the problem would be with USPS, but I wonder if it has to do anything with the foreign/atypical labeling.

BikeInn by ColonelJLloyd, on Flickr
Old 05-14-2020, 09:52 AM

Ah. Just did that, Eddie. Shows the same as the BikeInn tracking updates which implies it's accurately tied.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:03 AM

Yea as I posted before, I haven't had an issue with them, other than speed.

It might be USPS too. I have a package coming from NY to VA and it got routed and attempted delivery somewhere in Indiana. Supposedly it is being redirected back to me. Mine might be a double-label problem I am thinking...
Old 05-14-2020, 10:54 AM

Ordering from BikeInn

Bikeinn is great. Unbeatable prices on many products. Easy to use order process, can easily add, remove, modify, cancel individual items in orders, etc.

Only thing is the shipping speed as noted. Usually takes a few days to a week to ship, then an additional 1-2 weeks to arrive after in transit.

I use them all the time to load up on consumables and stuff I am in no rush for.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:05 AM

Google the reviews. I would never order from them.