Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Vendors

Old 07-21-2015, 08:32 PM

Catella seamless kits

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 7.43.05 AM.jpg

Hello and thank you for having us on the Paceline.

I have been working as an industrial designer for 10 years now creating product for companies such as Nike and The North Face. A couple years ago while looking for a new kit it was surprisingly clear to me that there where few differences between manufacturers. Same fabrics, same chamois, same flat lock stitching. In my experience I had seen lots of new technology emerging out of the outdoor technical apparel industry. I quickly realized that I could make revolutionary changes that would help me and other cyclists perform better on the bike.

_Using our weldedskin technology we have created paper thin seams that are 70% thinner than a traditional flatlock stitched seams.
_Our compressive Schoeller fabrics don't evaporate sweat as soon as it's produced. We use quick absorbing-slow dry fabrics that use your sweat mimicking the function of your skin to lessen dehydration.
_Our kits are treated with coldblack technology that reflects UV light 50+ and keeps you an average of 10 degrees cooler than other black fabrics.

Its truly exciting times for Catella. Our kits have been well received and we will soon expand our line to seamless skin suits and other accessories!

I keep getting asked about our logo:
I am the proud owner of two Vizslas and they follow me everywhere. On a long climb my dogs came to mind and I thought right there and then, your gear should be your true and loyal companion.

Thanks again,

RS

https://instagram.com/catellacycling/

www.catella.cc

Last edited by CAT; 05-09-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:05 PM

Love their jersey.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:23 PM

joosttx, I concur

Old 07-26-2015, 03:39 PM
needs adult supervision

Does anyone know how the bib sizes run, snug or true to size? Are they more Castelli BodyPaint size up one size or Rapha Classic a bit more room? Thx.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:10 PM

Al, I like your cover model style, my man!
Old 07-27-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb01742 View Post
Does anyone know how the bib sizes run, snug or true to size? Are they more Castelli BodyPaint size up one size or Rapha Classic a bit more room? Thx.
"This kit has a race cut. Its snug and is a compressive garments."

However, I would call it "honest race cut." In my experience, the limiting fit factor in bibs have been the straps. I can generally get away with a small but some brands have straps which are too short and end up cutting off circulation in critical regions. The Catella straps, which are seamless and welded, create a super stable structure but also allow for more elasticity than traditional straps. They hold tight but don't feel tight.

What's your size in Rapha?
Old 07-27-2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Jam's Army View Post
Al, I like your cover model style, my man!
haha, thanks Robert.

Will definitely not be quitting my day job.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:04 PM
needs adult supervision

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
"This kit has a race cut. Its snug and is a compressive garments."

However, I would call it "honest race cut." In my experience, the limiting fit factor in bibs have been the straps. I can generally get away with a small but some brands have straps which are too short and end up cutting off circulation in critical regions. The Catella straps, which are seamless and welded, create a super stable structure but also allow for more elasticity than traditional straps. They hold tight but don't feel tight.

What's your size in Rapha?
In both Rapha and Assos, I'm a medium. BodyPaint bibs I can wear in medium but large is more comfortable. BodyPaint feels like race cut gone wild. Straps are usually ok for me, it's quad size that can get snug sometimes. I'd like to support someone supporting the forum.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb01742 View Post
In both Rapha and Assos, I'm a medium. BodyPaint bibs I can wear in medium but large is more comfortable. BodyPaint feels like race cut gone wild. Straps are usually ok for me, it's quad size that can get snug sometimes. I'd like to support someone supporting the forum.
If you've got East German Sprinter quads consider the large, since you'll get a longer inseam and a less snug fit at the waist than the medium (which I'm wearing in the pic above). Either way, feel free to contact Rodolfo via PM or direct at info@catella.net.

Thanks for the support!
Old 07-27-2015, 08:44 PM
needs adult supervision

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
If you've got East German Sprinter quads consider the large, since you'll get a longer inseam and a less snug fit at the waist than the medium (which I'm wearing in the pic above). Either way, feel free to contact Rodolfo via PM or direct at info@catella.net.

Thanks for the support!
And thank you for the help. No where near East German quads, for sure, just a thing to figure out. Psyched to try 'em.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:34 PM

What surprises me about the jersey is how cool it is. You don't get very hot in it. Also its great to eat breakfast in at 4:30 am in France.

Last edited by joosttx; 07-28-2015 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:01 PM

Catella

Will Catella make custom kits?
Old 08-04-2015, 03:14 PM

Custom kits

Hi thanks for the question. Currently, we are working on a program to create custom kits for clubs and teams.

Since our apparel fabrication requires a sophisticated, multi-step manufacturing process, lead times are a little longer than the industry standard. However, that attention to detail, in our best-in-class kit, results in a fit and finish rarely seen in cycling apparel.

I would love to offer the Paceline Community seamless kits with custom designs! I want cyclists to feel the advantages of our Welded Skin technology. It's really something unique.

I will update this forum with specific information once our custom program is up and running. I can say now that it may be limited with narrow production windows to keep quality high.

thanks!

info@catella.net

Last edited by CAT; 08-05-2015 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:35 PM

Coldblack

finishline.jpg

Catella kits are coldblack treated!

Improve your performance by staying cooler... See image above how our riders head stays cool while other cyclist is burning up...

>Coldblack treated fabrics remain up to 9F cooler than traditional black fabrics by reflecting sunlight (infrared spectrum).

>Coldblack has a protective UV rating of 50+.

>Our fabrics perform as your skin by mimicking its cooling functions and as a result aid in the prevention of dehydration.

find out more
http://catella.net/pages/coldblack/

Last edited by CAT; 08-05-2015 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:27 PM

So snazzy! looks like i know what's on my wishlist for christmas...