Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-25-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
A rare voice of reason. Spent 30 plus years litigating cases. 90% of what is alleged (an allegation is an unproven fact) is never proven and a surprising amount of what is alleged is dropped during the course of the lawsuit. Doesn’t mean it isn’t true in this case but you really have to try to take a measured and patient approach if you want to learn what actually happened. Problem is Internet forums, social media and news media are rarely places measured or patient analysis...
Me too, and it applies to both what the plaintiff includes in a complaint and the defendant's answer. That's why we have trials.
Old 12-25-2020, 08:53 AM
Old, Fat & Slow

Tried and convicted, then hanged, drawn and quartered in the court of public opinion

None of us were there, so I'd say 'wait till the courtroom' till making an assumption

M
Old 12-25-2020, 09:16 AM
ZhugeLiang

I don't know much about Specialized as a company or its founder.

But I do know a bit about people.

What I have found over living half a century is that, few people are actually truly over the top when it comes to being unscrupulous or pure evil but they do exist.

And most of us are not really that much better or superior compared to one another, we may think we are, but we are not.

And even the rarer few who are truly a saint and consistent, they are often not advertised on the newspaper and mass media or not widely known to most of us. They usually work in the background as unsung heroes, hidden from the public eye...because they prefer it that way.
Old 12-25-2020, 09:59 AM

Well said.
Old 12-25-2020, 10:09 AM
PezTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post
I'll play devils advocate for a second though. What bothers me in cases like this is how nothing is said by the employee until they are fired. etc.etc.etc...

Just... NO....
Old 12-25-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles M View Post
Just... NO....
amen.
Old 12-25-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiamme red View Post
We'll see from the outcome of the lawsuit as to whether Specialized discriminated ...
What will REALLY happen is the company will settle for an undisclosed amount of money, with the agreed upon stipulation that the agreement is not an acknowledgement of guilt, but cheaper than litigation, doesn't want to put the plaintiff through embarrassing testimony, blah blah blah.

It happens every time; the deep pockets lawyer you into compromise.
Old 12-25-2020, 01:12 PM

They make great bikes
Imho
Cheers happy holidays
Old 12-25-2020, 01:21 PM

Yep I own one of em too and it was priced well as a leftover. Don't care about all the sausage that it takes to make the company run especially when I'm riding my bike. Maybe I should but it's too late now cause I bought the bike and I love it and I got me some bigger fish to fry.
Old 12-25-2020, 01:32 PM
Imshi Cycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemship View Post
Yep I own one of em too and it was priced well as a leftover. Don't care about all the sausage that it takes to make the company run especially when I'm riding my bike. Maybe I should but it's too late now cause I bought the bike and I love it and I got me some bigger fish to fry.
Well, I hate to be the one to point this out but there are a great many companies making great bikes these days...arguably TOO MANY.
Maybe give your money to one of the smaller companies who ACTUALLY value their employees and customers instead of Specialized?
I know, crazy idea, but it just might work!

FWIW - never owned one, never wanted to own one, never will own one.
Old 12-25-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
I don't care how nice the Tarmac is or their lunch hour rides, Spesh has sounded like a horrible place to work for a long time.
Maintenance workers get nap time.
Old 12-25-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles M View Post
Just... NO....
LOL, a little dramatic there, no? Something wrong with having an open mind and open discussion especially with so little facts known?
Old 12-25-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter P. View Post
What will REALLY happen is the company will settle for an undisclosed amount of money, with the agreed upon stipulation that the agreement is not an acknowledgement of guilt, but cheaper than litigation, doesn't want to put the plaintiff through embarrassing testimony, blah blah blah.

It happens every time; the deep pockets lawyer you into compromise.
Happens the other way around too, the company knows that if a jury buys the plaintiff, regardless of truth, the verdict could be much worse. There is no certainty in litigation, and often it comes down to risk assessment rather than principles.
Old 12-25-2020, 03:16 PM

How are we supposed to vet out smaller companies that supposedly treat their employees better? Is there a linear relationship with smaller companies and them treating their employees better? Dick head employers/ business owners (people in general) come in all shapes and sizes.

How many people that chastise the big bad "S" are typing their "opinion" on an apple product? Apple has had less than a glowing reputation to work for throughout the life of the company. Same as Google, Amazon, etc, etc..
Old 12-26-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post
I'll play devils advocate for a second though. What bothers me in cases like this is how nothing is said by the employee until they are fired.
+1 Grown Ass adults need to learn to deal with problems as they happen not sometime in the future when it's more beneficial.