Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-24-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg2ride View Post
My next new bike will be a Specialized now
Are you serious, or just trolling? Never mind, that's a rhetorical question.
Old 12-24-2020, 04:37 PM

Seems like the big S reliably gets in the news at least 1-2 times per year for being a POS company, a POS place to work, and headed up by a POS human. This new news doesn't surprise me.
Old 12-24-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlfoss View Post
Seems like the big S reliably gets in the news at least 1-2 times per year for being a POS company, a POS place to work, and headed up by a POS human. This new news doesn't surprise me.
Wonder how many people have known this and still bought Spesh? What’s the right thing to do?
Old 12-24-2020, 04:47 PM
Steel..what else??

Not cool from them.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathsalts View Post
you're going to buy a bike specifically because someone sued Spesh for sexual harassment? Weird flex dude.
weird indeed
Old 12-24-2020, 05:47 PM
Rock Hard ~ Ride Free

Lightbulb

...In before the lock!...
Old 12-24-2020, 06:16 PM
Riding Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post
I'll play devils advocate for a second though. What bothers me in cases like this is how nothing is said by the employee until they are fired. Not that I know that to be the case here.

I'd curious if complaints had been filed previously and not addressed. And no I'm not making excuses for anything.

Sort of what happened here with our local soccer team, RSL. The players decided to go all political one day and not play a game. The owner spoke out against their actions the next day in the media. Then all of a sudden the players responded with all these accusations against the owner and MLS is taken the team away. I don't respect anyone that stands by and says nothing until they feel slighted. If it's wrong speak up right away, deal with it properly.

In the RSL case one of the biggest complainers is an ex-player/coach with alcoholic problems. The owner was the only one to hire him as a coach and give him a chance to deal with his issues. Now he speaks out with all these "past issues". I just don't get the whole "I kept my mouth shut for years and now I'm dumping it all". Yeah, I know I'm not the majority.

But I know throughout my whole career I spoke up no matter the consequences. Cost me a couple of article 15's and a demotion in the Army along with other actions over the years. But at least I did not sit idly by when wrong was happening. Couldn't always beat the establishment but did my part.
Speaking from the perspective of the victims. It is not always that simple and easy. Besides losing a job that pays the bills and feeds the family and possible being black listed within an industry there are other factors that keep people from speaking up. I do respect what you did, greatly. It is never easy to push back knowing that there will be consequences. Those that had influence and did nothing to stop what was happening to others...well that is the same aiding the perpetrators.
Old 12-24-2020, 07:12 PM
Everyone's Favorite Droid

Regarding the lactation rooms, there are laws around what is required of the rooms - it needs an outlet and a place to sit, can’t also be a bathroom, etc. No files or complaints should be made, it should just be there. The same way handicap ramps are on buildings or there are handicap accessible bathrooms, even if there are no handicap employees.

Also, that quote from Sinyard is harsh, yes he is a shrewd, weird, real-life Mr. Burns. It’s not discriminatory, it’s just a ****ty thing to say.

Sexual plaything? I’m glad she’s speaking out about it.
Old 12-24-2020, 08:08 PM
Viva Chamucos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaSS View Post
I would argue that we all have zero information regarding this case from either side. Anyone can file a suit for anything. Doesn't mean any of it is true (ask our President).

Not taking anyone's side here, and only hope for justice, whatever that is. Just find it odd to speculate on either side.
A rare voice of reason. Spent 30 plus years litigating cases. 90% of what is alleged (an allegation is an unproven fact) is never proven and a surprising amount of what is alleged is dropped during the course of the lawsuit. Doesn’t mean it isn’t true in this case but you really have to try to take a measured and patient approach if you want to learn what actually happened. Problem is Internet forums, social media and news media are rarely places measured or patient analysis...
Old 12-24-2020, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlfoss View Post
The guy built the brand on ripping off designs from Tom Ritchey, et al.

Spesh sucks, but hard to argue with the ubiquity.
Old 12-24-2020, 08:53 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
The guy built the brand on ripping off designs from Tom Ritchey, et al.

Spesh sucks, but hard to argue with the ubiquity.
Not just them, but Nitto, Avocet and a bunch of others when he had his catalog back in the 70's. And of course he's put people out of business or tried to even when he shouldn't have. Cafe Roubaix anyone? Epic Triathlon Clothing is another. There's dozens out there. S is famous for it. The S Star came out when he was pushing around Dan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deathStarS1.jpg (60.6 KB, 302 views)
Old 12-24-2020, 09:06 PM

Knowing what I know about the big S, I'll agree with the plaintiff on this one. Sinyard is a piece of work, trust me. He's been down in the mud from day one...no matter the spin

PS, merry Christmas
Old 12-24-2020, 09:24 PM

Our 1 Splash in the household, my wife's Ruby Pro, think I will keep it quiet from her... Shop small, get to know your builder, shop etc. Makes (me) feel better when jumping on that ride.
Old 12-25-2020, 12:25 AM
Tired Member

The soccer team anecdote is a red herring. Sure, it could be relevant in this case, but it doesn't appear to be.

A typical movement of complaints in an organization is up to the manager, up one more manager, HR, then ombuds/inspector. Being let go makes the internal complaint public, almost automatically. Generally, suing your boss only happens if you lose your job or the complaint is especially egregious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post
I'll play devils advocate for a second though. What bothers me in cases like this is how nothing is said by the employee until they are fired. Not that I know that to be the case here.

I'd curious if complaints had been filed previously and not addressed. And no I'm not making excuses for anything.

Sort of what happened here with our local soccer team, RSL. The players decided to go all political one day and not play a game. The owner spoke out against their actions the next day in the media. Then all of a sudden the players responded with all these accusations against the owner and MLS is taken the team away. I don't respect anyone that stands by and says nothing until they feel slighted. If it's wrong speak up right away, deal with it properly.

In the RSL case one of the biggest complainers is an ex-player/coach with alcoholic problems. The owner was the only one to hire him as a coach and give him a chance to deal with his issues. Now he speaks out with all these "past issues". I just don't get the whole "I kept my mouth shut for years and now I'm dumping it all". Yeah, I know I'm not the majority.

But I know throughout my whole career I spoke up no matter the consequences. Cost me a couple of article 15's and a demotion in the Army along with other actions over the years. But at least I did not sit idly by when wrong was happening. Couldn't always beat the establishment but did my part.

Last edited by tctyres; 12-25-2020 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-25-2020, 06:16 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg2ride View Post
My next new bike will be a Specialized now
huh?
Attached Images
File Type: png images(5) copy.png (1.8 KB, 229 views)