Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-06-2018, 12:51 PM

Abloc Bottles

I keep wanting to try these out - they're the most unique bottle available IMO. Costly though, so I'll need to find an excuse to reward myself with a pair. Anyone have experience with these?
Old 04-06-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zross312 View Post
I keep wanting to try these out - they're the most unique bottle available IMO. Costly though, so I'll need to find an excuse to reward myself with a pair. Anyone have experience with these?
I have both sizes and am very pleased with them. Easy to open and close and seal well. They hold solid in the bottle cages (King Ti). Plus, I can get them with an orange top to match the other orange details on my bike!
Old 04-06-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTHBROOKS View Post
do they make a bottlecage that wont ruin the graphics on these niche bottles yet? im fond of my bottles that look like codeine cough syrup bottles.
This is why I would like to find some good quality bottles that are plain. I have some bottles that had nice designs looking like crap after just a couple weeks. Used to be one could pick up something like 10 plain Specialized bottles what came to a couple dollars each, now I see people paying $20 for just one bottle. An expensive plastic bottle is one of my cheapskate pet peeves.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalheart View Post
I have both sizes and am very pleased with them. Easy to open and close and seal well. They hold solid in the bottle cages (King Ti). Plus, I can get them with an orange top to match the other orange details on my bike!
Cool...gonna pic a couple of these up. You getting more use out of the small or large version? Thanks, JT
Old 04-06-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTHBROOKS View Post
do they make a bottlecage that wont ruin the graphics on these niche bottles yet? im fond of my bottles that look like codeine cough syrup bottles.
My King Ti cages do minimal damage. I know aluminum cages mark up bottles and the carbon ones my son uses really mark them up as well.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:42 PM
commuter racer

Specialized bottles make the water taste like awful plastic to me. I use campy bottles from a few years ago and they don't impart the plastic taste.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:49 PM

I like Specialized Purists, but they do need to go thru a few wash cycles before use on the bike otherwise it’s like drinking pool water.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
I like Specialized Purists, but they do need to go thru a few wash cycles before use on the bike otherwise it’s like drinking pool water.
Mix in some Heed or Skratch - then they tast like lime for a few weeks.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:16 PM
v a n i l l a

Oddly camelbak podium do not bottom out in my king ti cages.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:31 PM

With apologies to Mick 'n' Keith...

...Tacx Shanti/Shiva comes in colors ev'rywhere
Tacx Shanti/Shiva combs her hair
Tacx Shanti/Shiva's like a rainbow
Coming, colors in the air
Oh, everywhere
Tacx Shanti/Shiva comes in colors...

Shanti

Shiva
Old 04-06-2018, 03:50 PM

I used to ride with Polar Chill bottles with Camelbak nozzles. The Camelbak Podium bottles never fit my cages well, but I preferred their nozzles.

I've since switched to Polar's newer bottles featuring their zipstream nozzle, which I like even better than the Camelbak twist nozzle.

https://polarbottle.com/product/bott...ipstream-24oz/

I also have an Elite 750mL bottle that is nice for long rides without water stops.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:53 PM

I'd like to use some plain uninsulated stainless steel bottles, but I can't find any that both have a lid that's easy to drink from and also fit snugly in the cage without rattling around.

So I'm back to just Camelback and Polar. The challenge is keeping the good ones away from my son, who will fill them with Gatorade and then leave them hidden in his room for days or weeks.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:19 PM

Bottles

I’m a specialized purist guy too. The plastic taste doesn’t linger and they’re easy to rinse out. Plus there’s tons of small batch custom ones available from designers due to their custom bottle program.

Also, twin six does lots of great bottle designs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2018, 07:21 PM

I love the information I have gotten here. I guess my question wasn’t clear, it was very early when I posted. I want some water bottles with character. The ones in my lbs are very blah and I figured some people in here would know where to find some water bottle bling. I am going to check out the specialized bottles now, but keep them coming I am open to anything.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfarton View Post
I love the information I have gotten here. I guess my question wasn’t clear, it was very early when I posted. I want some water bottles with character. The ones in my lbs are very blah and I figured some people in here would know where to find some water bottle bling. I am going to check out the specialized bottles now, but keep them coming I am open to anything.

I see...trying to find bottles that are less boring and maybe more color and design.

I too like Purist bottles.

Search the web....tons out there.