Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
If your old phone is in very good condition, you do better selling on eBay or privately and purchasing a new phone directly from Apple. Then you can just pick up a new Sim Card at Verizon, and pay a small fee to switch the line over to the new phone.
Swappa is another option. I sold my old phones lightning fast there..same day, in less than an hour but they were basically new iphone 11. Way less fees.

After my experience with another carrier that felt fraudulent to me, I cancelled the service, paid off the phones, and then sold them on swappa and actually came out ahead.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:20 PM

It was a while ago, but the version of the scam Verizon got me on was "a free tablet if you re-upped your contract with the big V"--when tablets were new and relatively scarce.

Although I asked what I thought were all the pertinent questions, turns out the tablet was only provided to you if you signed up with Verizon Wireless for what I think was a two year commitment. When I pointed out that many of us would be happy to use the tablet at home without wireless connectivity, I got the total runaround.

For that scam I wrote a number of vitriolic letters to Verizon, the State consumer affairs etc. I swear there was not a single word in the pitch (verbal or written) about the wireless contract requirement... the "promotion" got dropped soon after--but I sure I was just one of many who complained....