Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-15-2021, 10:06 AM

Any Factor Vista owners out there?

I'm in the market for a new road/all road bike and am considering a Factor Vista. Anyone have direct experience with it with respect to fit and ride characteristics?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2021, 11:11 AM

I have played with one in person and would strongly recommend against it. The main issue is the lack of adjustability. The only stem that fits that bike is the Factor setup, and it is an obscure bar/stem that is ridiculously expensive and hard to find. I thought the geo was a bit weird as well, and the proprietary seatpost and clamp design just doesn't make sense to me on that style of bike. I would look at the Factor LS instead, which many seem to be happy with.. Or, you know, something metal
Old 01-15-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
I have played with one in person and would strongly recommend against it. The main issue is the lack of adjustability. The only stem that fits that bike is the Factor setup, and it is an obscure bar/stem that is ridiculously expensive and hard to find. I thought the geo was a bit weird as well, and the proprietary seatpost and clamp design just doesn't make sense to me on that style of bike. I would look at the Factor LS instead, which many seem to be happy with.. Or, you know, something metal
Thanks Clean39T, that's great feedback.

Open to other suggestions that'll fit ~35s and doesn't have too high of stack. Cheers
Old 01-15-2021, 11:30 AM

I would also look at the LS. The price and weight are fantastic. I work at a Factor dealer that has only sold the O2 and O2 VAM so I can't comment on the Vista but Factors ride great IMO and the Black inc parts they spec are very nice.

Something like a BMC Roadmachine or Cannondale Supersix will actually both comfortably fit a knobby 32 or slick 35 and certainly have road geo. If you plan on running over a 35 or in mud you're not going to really want either of those bikes for the clearance, but they're worth a look depending on your needs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 12.30.05 PM.jpg (148.8 KB, 194 views)
Old 01-15-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srider View Post
Thanks Clean39T, that's great feedback.

Open to other suggestions that'll fit ~35s and doesn't have too high of stack. Cheers
I like the Allied Allroad. Threaded BB and none of the proprietary stuff mentioned earlier.
Old 01-15-2021, 03:18 PM

Allied or Aspero would be my votes.
Old 01-15-2021, 03:43 PM

Allied Allroad (nice, but spendy) is a true all road bike. Cervelo Caledonia would also meet that bill (although I think it's only advertised for 34s).

Open U.P., Cervelo Aspero and Factor LS are all racey gravel bikes, but can fit more tire than you're looking for. I personally went for the Aspero since I like the color scheme of them more. Factor LS looked nice too (particularly since it has fender mounts, although I've read across the hall that they're a bit finicky), but I was getting bored of black bikes.
Old 01-15-2021, 03:44 PM

If you are still interested in the Vista, I believe Pro's Closet has some good deals on them right now.
Old 01-15-2021, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle h View Post
Allied or Aspero would be my votes.
Both are good choices. Comparing the two, the Allied AR gives you a few more choices for fit, raising the stack about 2cm if you opt for the 'plus' sizing. That's a nice option. Also, the Aspero has a funky BB standard, BBright, whereas the AR has a regular BSA BB. Refreshing!

EDIT: Just read that you don't want a high stack. In that case, stick with the 'regular' Allied AR sizing.
Old 01-15-2021, 07:53 PM

Thanks for the replies. I have two dedicated gravel bikes already so the Aspero is off the list. I'm looking for something that is flexible enough to handle regular paved training rides, the occasional road race, and some light duty dirt/gravel from time to time. I hadn't considered the Allied so that is a great suggestion. Any other thoughts? Cervelo Caledonia?
Old 01-15-2021, 09:16 PM

What size are you after? My buddy is selling his brand new 56cm Allied Allroad frameset.

Last edited by shoota; 01-15-2021 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I have two dedicated gravel bikes already so the Aspero is off the list. I'm looking for something that is flexible enough to handle regular paved training rides, the occasional road race, and some light duty dirt/gravel from time to time. I hadn't considered the Allied so that is a great suggestion. Any other thoughts? Cervelo Caledonia?
Gaulzetti Pavaix.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota View Post
What size are you after? My buddy is selling his brand new 56cm Allied Allroad frameset.
I’m generally a 54.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:22 AM

Quote:
I use my canyon ultimate for this. I ride 32 conti 5000TL for this purpose, it has room for more, though I have a gravel bike for knobbies. Highly recommend. Not as boutique as some of the other suggestions, but plenty rugged, fast and handles great.